Ch. 11 - Scared

< Chapter 11: Scared >

♥ Jamie’s POV: ♥ 

It made sense.

We did have unprotected sex a couple of times and I just finished throwing up. It had to be morning sickness. Am I pregnant?

“Why didn’t you tell me?!” Justin’s lip trembled.

“Justin,” I breathed, “I didn’t.. I d-didn’t know..”

Justin’s eyes scanned mine, his facial expression showing absolute shock. He looked completely taken aback, his face pale as he stared at me, unable to believe reality. It kind of reminded me of when I told him I was first pregnant with Jason. How blank his face was. How he couldn’t speak before Kenny had to drag him away.

“H-Holy…” Justin trailed off, slapping a hand to his chest. He collapsed to the ground and began breathing in and out constantly. It looked like he was having a panic attack.

“Are y-you okay?” I asked in concern, butterflies in my stomach. Justin gulped, closing his eyes for a second before looking back at me again.

“Do you know how hard it was for me when I first heard you were pregnant the first time? Do you remember how nervous I was because we’re too young to be parents? I-If you’re pregnant again, I don’t… I don’t t-think I’m ready. Jason’s enough for me right now, I’m not even sure how to be a father yet completely, I can’t even… I don’t… We’re still so young.. Two kids? Two kids at 19… Jamie, I-… I don’t…”

“Calm down,” I said softly, attempting to comfort him when, in reality, I one-hundred percent agreed with him. I wasn’t ready either. I’m still figuring out how to be a good mother to Jason at nineteen years old. How am I supposed to give birth and care for another child? Maybe if we were older, I’d be ecstatic. But, in a way, we’re still the same damn age.

“I’m… I can’t do it… I just… Two kids. I’m 19 years old… What am I gonna tell my parents? Gosh, what about my beliebers? I’m 19, Jamie… Two kids at 19?” Justin was stuttering and repeating words frequently and it didn’t seem like he was even breathing properly. I was beginning to get seriously worried about him.

“Justin, baby, please breathe,” I tried to stay calm while I crawled over to him, wrapping my arms around his torso and leaning into him, my ear to his chest. I could hear his heart beating fast, causing my stomach to churn. “It’s gonna be okay…”

Justin started to sound like he was suffocating, taking sharp amount of breaths in and out. My heart dropped and I grabbed his hand, squeezing him tightly. Upon feeling my touch, Justin’s breath slowed down and he soon began breathing normally, letting out a long sigh afterwards.

“I’m sorry…” he whispered. “I’m just… scared.”

“Me too,” I whispered back. “I guess we’re back to square one.”

Justin looked down at me, his eyes attentive. “Are you feeling nauseous still?” he asked me, brushing a loose strand of hair behind my ear.