Ch. 6 - Insecurities

< Chapter 6: Insecurities >

♥ Justin’s POV: ♥ 

The entire ride back to the hotel room, I couldn’t stop thinking about Nathan’s words. No matter how much I wanted to fight it, they made me feel uneasy and my heart felt heavy. I was quiet, not uttering a single word to anyone and both Kenny and Scooter decided to let me be.

I couldn’t help but think Nathan was right about one thing… If anything were to happen to Jamie and I, which I doubt is possible, and Jamie got mad at me and decides to leave me… I’ll lose both her and Jason. That’s what tears me apart. If I lose Jamie, I automatically lose Jason. Nathan’s right, the court would never pick me over Jamie. She’d gain full custody in the blink of an eye. Why would they leave a baby whose father is busy performing a lot and would barely have time for him, when they could leave him with a mother who can be with him 24/7? Jason’s life would be a lot easier with just Jamie than with just me.

“We’re here,” Kenny announced for the second time today, and I didn’t even waste a second to get out of the car. I rushed inside the back of the hotel and skipped the whole elevator idea, taking the stairs instead. I ran up and passed irrelevant floors, speeding up as the time went by until I finally reached my floor, where I practically ran down the hallway in while pulling my hotel keys out.

When the door swung open, I stepped inside and closed it silently before resting the keys on the table next to me. I scanned the room, noticing it was empty, and so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

“Jamie?” I called out softly, taking off my jacket and walking down the hall to where our room is. I knocked gently and pushed the door open, seeing Jamie curled up in bed with headphones resting over her ears as she listened to music, eyes attentive at the screen on her phone. Upon noticing me, she paused the song she was listening to and took off her headphones, resting them on the nightstand along with her phone.

“You’re back,” she smiled. “How’d it go?”

I ran a hand through my hair and mumbled, “Good.” I began to approach the bed while kicking off my shoes and taking my shirt off, the way I do every night to sleep more comfortably.

“I can tell you missed performing,” she said, tapping the spot next to her on the bed.

“I did,” I sighed, laying down next to her and wrapping my arms around her small frame.

She let out a pout before gazing at me curiously. “You’re giving me short replies,” she commented. “That always means there’s something wrong. What happened?”

I shrugged. “Nothing. It’s late, I’m tired and I missed you.”

Jamie eyed me suspiciously but decided to take my word for it. “Alright then. You ready for bed?”

“Yeah,” I breathed, pecking her lips. “Is Jason asleep?”

“He has been for a while now. And don’t worry, I told him that his daddy loves him when I tucked him in,” she winked.