• • •

   Adrien walked into the owlery looking at all of the owls. Some were pets and others belonged to the school. He gave some food to a school owned barn owl and grabbed parchment to start writing. How to say it was the question.

Dear Nathalie,
I am writing this to inform you that I have been placed in Gryffindor. I'd appreciate it if you would tell Father about this if he asks. And when he's in a good mood. I know that's not what he wanted for me and I'm sorry.

   He took the last part out.

I know that's not what he wanted for me.
Regards,
Adrien Agreste

   He attached it to the barn owl's foot and let it go.

   "To the Agreste Mansion." He called out after it. He heard a hoo in reply. He was about to leave when he saw a familiar bluenette appear. "Hey Marinette!" Adrien said startling her.

   "Oh! Hi Adrien!" She jumped. "Why are you up here?" She asked walking over to a window.

   "I had to send a letter to my father telling him I'm in Gryffindor." Adrien said solemnly. Marinette looked at him comfortingly.

   "From what I understand, that's not he wanted. Am I correct?" Marinette asked. Adrien nodded. "Well he has to remember that he can't control everything. It wasn't his decision to make nor yours so he cannot blame you." She said gently walking over to him. Adrien surprised her by giving her a hug.

   "I just needed someone to talk to." Marinette returned the hug.

  "I'm always here Adrien." They pulled apart when they heard someone tapping on the window. Marinette quickly turned around. Adrien thought he saw her cheeks turned pink but he forgot when he saw a red owl!

   "What is that?!" Adrien said scared. "Is that blood?!" He panicked. Marinette laughed. She opened up the window to let the blood covered owl inside. Adrien took a step back.

   "No silly. That's Tikki, my family's owl." She giggled and gave Tikki some food. "My dad once tried to paint the room red using a spell and let's just say it didn't hit the wall. I think she looks like a ladybug with her spots." She took off the letter and put her in the cage.

   "Well there's no mistaking her. I have a pet too. He's a cranky black cat named Plagg." Adrien stopped talking when he saw she was reading.

   "I'm listening. No worries."

   "If you want you can meet him later in the common room." She looked back up and smiled.

"I love cats. That'd be great."

"Who's the letter from?"

"My parents. I sent them one last night telling them I'm in Gryffindor." Adrien nodded. "We should probably head back downstairs to the great hall."
She started walking towards the door. "Are you coming?" She asked. Adrien, being zapped our of his thoughts, ran up to her. He closed the door behind them. Then Marinette was gone. He looked down to see her falling down the stairs.

"Marinette!" He yelled running after her. He was able to stop her before she reached the bottom. "Are you ok?" He asked while holding her.

"Y-yeah I'm fine. Just a little clumsy, that's all." She laughed and started walking down again. He laughed while following her. They arrived at the great hall and walked over to where Alya, Luka, Nino, and Kim were sitting.

"Hey girl! Where were you?" Alya asked. She saw Adrien walk in behind her and raised an eyebrow. Marinette sat down between Alya and Luka and Adrien sat across from them with Nino and Kim.

   "I had to get the letter from Tikki. Adrien just happened to be in the owlery as well." She explained. Alya shrugged and kept eating. Adrien grabbed an apple and Marinette looked at him puzzled. "Is that all you're going to eat?" Adrien stopped himself. His normal answer would be 'I have a certain diet as a model.' But he doesn't have to model right now. He can eat whatever he wants!

   "You know what. I'm not going to eat this apple. I'm going to grab pastries!" He cheered. They all stared at him confused. As he piled his plate with muffins and croissants he heard a shrill voice that made him drop his fork.

   "ADRIKINS!" Chloe ran over to the gryffindor table. "I missed you last night! You don't have to sit with these losers no longer. Come sit with me at the Slytherin table!" She said pulling him away.

   "Actually Chloe I'm sitting with my friends." He replied politely. She had a look of shock and disgusted on his face. Alya was struggling not to say something. Marinette was keeping her down.

   "With Maritrash?! Uck! One night with this scum has corrupted you?! You'll be back." She said turning around and sashaying away.

   "Maritrash? Why did she call you that?" Adrien said clearly pissed off.
Marinette rolled her eyes.

   "Daycare drama." Marinette said simply. Alya laughed. "She is still pissed off because I got to use the vanity first." Marinette laughed.

   "That was just the start of it. She's had a vendetta against you ever since." Alya laughed. "I think she's jealous of Mari personally. I have a whole book of conspiracy theories on people. Like that lackey Sabrina. Why? Just why?"
Adrien laughed wondering the same thing.

   "As much as I love gossip we need to decide when to start band practice." Luka chimed in. "I was thinking Wednesdays, Fridays, and Mondays. How does that sound. And maybe we can jam on weekends." Everyone nodded in agreement. "How about after dinner?" Once again they all nodded. Adrien jumped out of his seat.

   "Guys we have to get to class!" Adrien said grabbing his stuff. Nino, Kim, and Alya followed him. Adrien turned around to see Marinette still at the table talking to Luka. He felt that thing he felt last night. 'Maybe it was the muffin?' He called out to her. "Marinette come on we're going to be late!"

   "I'm coming!" She yelled. She was still sitting down. Nino and Kim walked out of the great hall and Adrien stopped at the doors. Alya raised her eyebrow at him.

   "Yo Mari hurry up your "new friend" is waiting." Alya yelled while laughing. Marinette stood up and ran over blushing.

   "I said I was coming Alya."

   "Yeah. Sure. Cmon girl you're gonna be late. Well the teachers better get used to it now." The two left laughing. Adrien glanced at Luka one last time before running after them.

1866 words