The common room

"I can't believe McGonagall gave us detention!" Hermione pouted.

"At least we'll be together." Ginny, the optimism, stated. She looked around swiftly checking the common room for any lingering students. Once mentally declaring it secure she swiftly pushed Hermione against the cold stone Gryffindor walls. Nose to nose inches away they stood for a good minute before leaning in for a searing kiss.

Hermione pulled away.

"Ginny no what if someone sees us?" She's always been very cautious about their undeniable chemistry.

"No ones gonna see us Mi." "Live a little." Finally Hermione let her guard down and slowly yet passionately starting kissing Ginny's soft delicate lips.

"Hermione?"

"Ginny?"

"What is going on here?"

Hermione recognized the voice almost as soon as the words reached her ears. She quickly pulled away and Ginny released her lover from the wall.

"What is going on?" "Why were you two...?"

"Omg" Hermione muttered. Apparently Ginny wasn't as good at clearing a room as she believed she was.

"This isn't what it looks like." She used the biggest cliche in the book.

"Really? Cause it looks like you and Ginny were just making out against the wall." Hermione knew that she would never be able to play this off.

"Please don't tell Ron!" Hermione pleaded. "Please Harry please!" She sobbed into her hands. Ginny chimed in.

"Harry if you tell Ron what happened then he'll be so upset. You don't what to see your best friend upset do you?"

"Really Ginny?" Harry was clearly pissed about the Ginny's attempts to guilt him into keeping their secrets. "I also can't lie to my best friend Ginny!" "And Hermione!" "How could you do this to Ron? Ginny I can believe but you?" Hermione fell to her knees her eyes still spitting out tears.

"I-I'm sorry." "I t-t-tried to stay away but—"
Hermione managed to stammer out.

"We couldn't stay away because we are in love." Ginny finished with tears staring to develop deep in her eyes. She couldn't let them show. She had to be strong. For Hermione.

"That's it's I'm telling Ron right now!" Harry shouted disgusted by Hermione and Ginny's relationship.

"Harry James Potter you will not tell Ron anything!" Ginny commanded. She found the leverage she needed to put this whole situation to bed once and for all.

"Oh yeah? Try me." Harry marched up the stairs.

"You're not going to tell Ron anything unless you want to whole school to find out about you and Draco!" Harry froze in his tracks. "And you don't want that to happen now do you?" Harry proceed by walk cautiously back down the stairs.

"You wouldn't dare."

"Oh yeah? Try me." Ginny was pretty proud of herself for that one. Their secret was safe. As long as Harry didn't want the whole school to know that he was gay for Draco Malfoy. His supposed enemy.

"How did you find out about us anyway?" Harry questioned.

"I saw you. In the Room of Requirements." Harry's faced turned pale as if he had just seen a dementor.

"You saw?" Harry stammered in shock. "How?"

"Not important." "Now you are going to go to bed and not tell anyone about what you saw tonight. Are we clear on that?" Ginny commanded as Harry nodded and ran upstairs before Ginny could threaten again to out him and Malfoy to the whole damn school.

"Why doesn't Harry want you to tell anyone about him and Malfoy? They're enemies." Hermione had finally been able to dry her tears and stand herself up.

"I'll tell you later." Ginny casually replied as she and Hermione parted ways to separate Gryffindor rooms.