Tutor

3 years ago - Busan, Korea

     Jimin and Taehyung always met for a few days every week. Taehyung hurried his soul collecting duties and then greeted Jimin at the same spot in Busan Park.

     Jimin never questioned what mystical creature Taehyung was and Taehyung never questioned what Jimin was. It was an unspoken rule to never ask since they both felt burdened and ashamed of their true identities. But they made each other feel human.

     They'd go to amusement parks, malls, restaurants, libraries, visit schools and colleges, tourist attractions, and even hikes. Everyday was a new adventure for them.

Both Taehyung and Jimin knew this wouldn't last. Both Taehyung and Jimin knew this life was a escape from who they really were. But being together... brought them happiness. Even though it was all temporary.

     It wasn't long before something went wrong in their relationship.

      It was over a year later in Chung's Coffee since they first met. Y/n brought them their drinks and that strange boy, Jungkook was at a table in the corner, sitting alone.

     There were very few people in the coffee shop and nobody seemed to care what Jimin and Taehyung were doing. Jimin's eye crinkles were just so beautiful and Taehyung wanted to see them a little bit closer...

     Taehyung gulps. He might as well take a shot. He leans down and kisses Jimin on the lips. It was a chaste, close mouthed kiss, but it was perfect. The kiss lasted for a few seconds but it felt like forever.

     Taehyung opens his eyes slowly, afraid yet eager to how Jimin's reaction was. Jimin was frozen at first, not displaying any response.

It was Taehyung's first kiss with someone ever. He hoped he didn't screw it up.

      "Your kiss...brings me peace," Jimin giggles and wraps his hand around Taehyung's. It was a platonic, yet loving embrace; they felt security with each other's touch.

    They were enjoying their company until they noticed some drama in the corner of the restaurant.

"I'm sorry, Y/n, but I'm going to have to lay you off," Mrs Chung states grimly, avoiding gaze with the employee before her.

"What?" Y/n gasps, confused about the situation unraveling before her.

"I'm going to have to let you go." It looks painful for Mrs. Chung to say.

"B-but I need this job! I need the money!" Y/n exclaims, in disbelief.

"Sorry," Mrs. Chung says. It looks like Mrs. Chung doesn't want to actually fire Y/n.

"Can I know why? What did I do wrong?" Y/n wonders.

     "I-I can't say. This is hard enough for me to do," Mrs. Chung says, still refusing to make eye contact.

     "Fine. I don't understand why you've done such a great kindness and then taken it away from me... but thanks anyways for my time here." Y/n takes off her apron and hands it to Mrs. Chung. She walks out of the shop. A tear fell down Mrs. Chung's cheek.