🍓 - No More Screens || Pt. 1

Y/N's P.O.V

Today was the day I finally get to meet my boyfriend of an entire year and holy crap I'm so nervous, "what if he's some smelly old man?? A Catfish??? Oh my lord Y/N why did you get yourself into this?" No matter how nervous I was or what I was thinking, I knew he wasn't some smelly old man since I once spoke to his parents over the phone. I began to get ready, I was due to meet him at the airport at 5 O'clock in the evening. It was around 1:30, I had just finished eating lunch as I placed my dishes in the sink. I went to my room to get actual presentable clothing since I was still in my pajamas. I'm Lazy and if I don't have to leave the house I don't get dressed, Simple. Once I was dressed I went to the washroom, brushed my hair, brushed my teeth, washed my face, etc. once I was finished it was 2:45, I get carried away when listening to music sometimes. I relaxed on the couch as I sighed audibly, I stretched and before I knew it I had fallen asleep. By the time I woke up, it was 4:30. "Shit! I'm gonna be late." I jumped off the couch and threw on some sneakers and grabbed a coat, rushing out the door. As I locked the door I had called my best friend, (Bff/N). "Hey, could you meet me at the airport in half an hour? K. Thanks. See you." She, of course, agreed. I started the car and began my drive to the airport.

I quickly parked, I found a spot surprisingly easy. It was 5:15 by the time I got to the gate, (Bff/N was already there. I gave her a brief hug as we laughed at my ability to be late to pretty much anything and everything. "Sooooo, You excited?" She teased, smiling. I lightly hit her arm as we watched people filing out of the doors. "More like nervous to the point of fainting." I laugh, jokingly. "I bet he's even hotter-" She was cut off by my hand covering her mouth, I saw him and at that moment the only thing I could think of was finally actually being able to see him with my own eyes, without a screen between us. I couldn't believe it was actually him. Now, in the videos you see it's always running, jumping, swinging around and falling, that's not how I wanted it to be. Instead, I slowly walked up to him, cautiously, you know, just in case. He smiled down at me, I quickly wrapped my arms around him tightly. "Hey," I said casually. I heard a slight laugh, "Hey." He said back, as he wrapped his arms around me, just as tight.

After we stopped hugging, (Bff/N) decided to treat us to dinner. We went to a small restaurant near her house, we ordered, ate, talked, laughed, then parted ways. (Bff/N) had to wake up early so she needed to do stuff around the house before she went to sleep. Me and (C/N) went to my place as we set up the spare bedroom so he had somewhere to put his stuff. He wasn't staying long, which sucked but that only meant we had to spend as much time together as we possibly could before he had to leave. I walked into my kitchen to see him cooking - something small obviously since we just ate. "Hey, I know we just ate but I wanted to cook you something." He smiled as he looked at the food in the pan. I smiled and hugged him from behind as he cooked. "What'cha cookin'?" I asked as I sat on the stool beside him. "You'll see." He said slyly. I decided to take the hint and went to start a movie on the TV, I put on a Disney movie, obviously, what else was I gonna put on? After about half an hour he came to the living room with a pan of Nachos, I laughed. He looked over at me, confused. "What?" He asked. "This was what you were eating the first time we called on the phone, I answered, smiling. He took a bite as he smiled back. "I almost forgot about that." I lightly smacked his arm. "I take offense to that." I tease. "Just eat." He said as he relaxed into the couch. I nodded as I leaned into him, causing him to rest his arm around me. We sat like that for the entire rest of the movie, munching on nachos.

By the time we were done the movie and eating it was getting late-ish. I yawned as he stretched. "I'm pretty tired, what about you?" I asked tiredly. "I could sleep." He says through a yawn. I blushed slightly realizing we haven't talked about if we were sleeping in the same room. I'm going to assume he thought the same thing, "I don't have to sleep in your room if you're not comfortable with it." He said genuinely. "It's . . . It's not that, I just haven't slept next to anyone who I was in a relationship with before." I say slightly embarrassed. He smiles at me, "It's up to you but if it counts for anything, I'd love to share the same bed as you, even if it's only for a few days." I quickly respond defensively. "S-Shut it, you!" He laughs at my response. "I'm gonna go get ready for bed, alright? You can think about it until then." He gives me a quick kiss on the top of my head as he gets up and heads to the bathroom. I smile and think to myself, "UUuugh he's so sweet I cannot." I laugh at myself, flopping over on the couch and covering my face. "I'm so weird" I quickly sit back up, Checking towards the closed bathroom door, making sure he didn't see that. I've decided that I want us to sleep in the same room whether I'm awkward about it or not, we don't have a lot of time together and to waste time like that would be stupid. I realize my face is one hundred percent as red as a tomato. I couldn't stop smiling though, "I swear to Gawd, Brain if you don't shut the fuck up imma beat chu." I scolded myself silently. The bathroom door opened causing me to sit up unnaturally straight. He flopped down on the couch and smiled. "So? What are ya thinkin'?" He asks. I take a deep breath attempting not to be awkward. "I . . . I want us to sleep in the same room." I said making direct eye contact with him. He gives me the goofiest grin I have ever seen as he reaches out and gives me a tight squeeze. I laugh at his excitement.

I get ready for bed in the comfort of my bathroom, once I finished I headed to my room. We both had different blankets because frankly, I'm a blanket hog, I don't share blankets. I felt so awkward, I was so nervous but seeing his childish grin made all those thoughts fly out the window. I flopped down as I wrapped my blanket around my shoulder and curled into a ball, He laughed. "What?" I asked. "I've imagined you doing that so many times but nothing compares to the real thing." He smiled as he brushed the hair out of my face. I blushed slightly as I smiled at him. "I've thought everything we could do together, Camping, waking up in the morning just laying together, Sightseeing, Getting a dog together, anything and everything," I say without breaking our shared gaze. His eyes flickered from my eyes to my lips and back again. I smiled and leaned in, closing my eyes as I felt his lips on mine, our smiles ruined it but we were so happy just to be able to see each other clearly. Before we fell asleep the only words you would have heard in the silence of my bedroom was . . .

"No more screens."