Chapter 41: Severus What-Ever-Your-Middle-Name-Is Snape

Start from the beginning

She made him scream again.

For hours. Then me. Then him. Stopping to ask me if I wanted to join them every now and then. I would say nothing, and glare at her.

When I saw stars out the small window, she went up, slamming the door behind her. I looked at West’s face. He was only 12, he didn’t need this. His face was covered in thin cuts.

Snape. Snape was here. I had seen the other Slytherins try and us that spell, only he got thin, neat cuts all over a person. I saw a long blood stain on his shoulder, so I carefully moved his torn sweater back to show a word carved into his shoulder with neat thin cuts.

‘Mudblood.’ They where deep, and already healing. Bellatrix practicly branded him, he would have those scars forever. My anger bubbled up in me, and I grabbed the metal cuffs on me, I tried to melt the iron, and only made it siring hot.

“Sissy?” I heard West mumbled slowly, blood bubbled over his lips as she spoke.

“I’m right here West,” I said quietly.

“Do you think mom and dad will be the same?” he asked.

“The same where?” I asked, pushing his hair out of his eyes.

“In heaven, or, where we go when we die,” he clarified, blinking his blue eyes up at me.

“We aren’t going to die West, not here,” I said, forcing my hand over to hold his above his head.

I thought about Sirius. God...I was going to die in here, and Sirius was going to think I hated him. I felt West weakly squeeze my hand, and I felt a few hot tears roll down my face. From pain, and fear.

"I love you," I whispered. West mumbled 'Love you too Sissy.' I kissed his hair, but thought about how I was sating to more to Sirius than him in this instance.

<><><><><>

Sirius POV

I was still drenched as we all ran to Dumbledore’s office. I slipped a few times in my wet shoes, but didn’t care.

What the hell was Waverly thinking? Tell Dumbledore! He has the Order of the Phoenix for this type of thing!

“What’s the password?” Alice asked, skidding to a stoop with the rest of us at the bronze gargoyle.

“He changed it since the last time-” James cut himself off after Lily sent him a look. “We got in trouble?” he tried to end his sentence. For the next three minutes we yelled every word we could at the statue, and no luck. Suddenly, it started to move. We all stopped, and looked as Dumbledore stepped out of his office.

“Is there a problem?” he asked. We all started yelling at once, he held up one hand to quiet us. “Mr. Black?” he asked me.

“W-Waverly left. Someone has her brother and she went to find him,” I said softly, forcing the hot tears about to spill down my face not to fall.

Dumbeldore nodded slowly, and held his hand out for the letter Wave left. I handed it to him, and he nodded, giving it back to me.

“Please go back to your common room,” he said calmly. “I will notify all of you when…I have located her.

“Those Order of the Phoenix positions you offered? We except,” Lily said, gripping James’s hand. “Will you let us help now?” he voice broke a few time.

“We except too,” Frank said, putting a hand on Alice’s shoulder.

“I’m glad you care about your friend so much, but this isn’t a job for students,” he said, walking back into his office. We all slowly made our way back to the dorms. The girls let us in their dorm, and we all sat on the floor, waiting for something to happen. I sat where Waverly sat a day ago burning letters. I picked up a bit of the ash in the palm of my hand, and let it fall back in the pile.