Max Is Back - Part 9

Harry made it back to the hotel room and just like you said, you weren't there. He sighed throwing his things onto the bed before laying back on it. He stared up at the ceiling as he looked back at the last twenty minutes of the day to try and figure out how a simple bike ride turned into an argument that caused you two to go your separate ways, literally, not figuratively.

Thinking back on it now, he probably shouldn't have raised his voice or use a few choice words that he said to you. He knew he fucked up and that you were right. He was blaming you for everything that had changed when it wasn't your fault, not even a little bit.

He tried calling you, but it went straight to voicemail.

"Fucking great," he mumbled throwing his phone to the side again.

You not answering the phone meant that he really fucked up. He had no idea where to go from here because this whole fight stemmed from having the two relationships you had with one another, the professional/business one, and the romantic/in love one.

Back in Jamaica where all this started, the promise of keeping the two relationships separate seemed easy and that it would never cause a problem. Yet, here it was, causing a huge problem in both relationships.

He didn't know what to do because he wanted you as his videographer for both professional and selfish reasons.

The professional part was because he loved your work and felt like you fit everything he was looking for when it came to capturing certain moments of his life. Your talent and the way you were able to capture things on film and the ideas you brought to the table is why he even hired you for the job in the first place.

Now, the selfish part of him was that as long as you worked for him, you were able to travel and be on tour with him, something that would be hard if you had other jobs to do. Of course, you'd work with other people and have to travel on your own, but the two of you working together made it easier to be together.

Well, at least in the physical sense.

**

"Max?" You asked. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, I've just been doing a little bit of traveling," he said. "I-Uh, I saw you earlier and it looked like you might need a friend."

"Um, thanks, but I'm fine really," you said.

"Are you sure?" He asked. "How about I take you to grab some coffee and we can talk over some things."

"Can I take a raincheck?" you asked. "I should... I should be heading back now."

"Let me guess, to Harry? Your boyfriend?" he scoffed. "Doesn't seem like a very good boyfriend if he's yelling at you in the park and leaving you by yourself?"

"First of all, you don't know what happened between Harry and me," you said. "And who are you to judge him or our relationship?"

"Hey, I'm just saying that you don't look very happy," he shrugged.

"Again, you know nothing," you said. "And I'm really starting to think that you've been following me. The fact that you've been in two places as me at the same time within a few months is too much of a coincidence."

"Well, I did tell you I've been doing some traveling," he said with a smirk.

"So, you have been following me?" You gasped. "Why?"

"Because I've told you this all before Y/N," he whispered walking up towards you and moving a strand of hair out of your face. "I'm in love with you and you're mine."

**

It had been an hour since Harry left you at the park and you still weren't answering the phone. He wasn't worried about your whereabouts because he knew when you needed space, you needed space. However, he was worried about how much space you would need and how this was going to affect your relationship since the argument.

He went down to Lou's room and knocked on the door. He wanted to see if she had heard anything from you and to possibly get some advice on everything. After a few knocks, Lou answered and she let Harry in.

"Hey, have you heard from Y/N?" Harry asked.

"No, I haven't," she said. "I take it you haven't heard from her? What's going on?"

He sighed. "We went out for breakfast and then a bike ride through the city today. Then when we stopped for a break we sort of got in an argument. I came back to the hotel, she stayed at the park."

"And what times was that?" She asked.

"About an hour ago," he sighed.

"Damn that must have been some argument. What was it about?" She asked.

"Everything," he sighed. "It started with her not filming anything and how I understood that, but then it got into the whole how she may not want to keep working with me anymore because of everything that happened. And then that escalated into her saying I was blaming her for causing for the two relationships we have with one another to not be separate anymore and it just blew up from there."

"Did you blame her?" She asked.

He groaned running his hands over his face. "Looking back on it now, I did, but at the time I didn't think I was. And I didn't mean to blame her it was just how I worded things..."

"Okay, but deep down do you blame her?" She asked.

Harry bit his lip as he thought about everything. "Well, to be honest, none of this shit in our relationship started until a few fans took it too far after finding out we were together, that's on them. Purely on them, however, our relationship wouldn't have been out in the open like that if the footage from Jamaica wouldn't have been leaked, again, not Y/N's fault because she didn't leak it herself, but the footage never should have been on something that someone could hack and leak," he said.

"True, but that's still not Y/N's fault. How was she supposed to know someone would hack into her accounts and leak something?" She asked. "I mean, Y/N has done a lot for plenty of artists and projects and it didn't happen until now?"

"I know, I know," he sighed. "It's not her fault."

"Maybe you should tell her that when she comes back," she said. "And I get that there's a business side to all of this as well, but you have to think long term here. Would you rather lose her over this or would you rather just have to find another videographer?"

Harry sighed. "I'd rather find another videographer."

"There you go," she said. "If Y/N decides to walk away from that, then you have to put business aside and respect her decision."

Before Harry could respond, his phone got a text notification. He grabbed it from his pocket and saw it was from you.

Harry quickly opened the text and read, "Harry, I've been thinking for a while now and after today, I think it would be best if we took some time apart from one another. Goodbye."