With This Ring - Part 20

"Did you see Harry's new ring last night?"

"Do think Y/N gave it to him?"

"Do you think it's hers?"

"What do you think it means? I've never seen him wear a ring on that finger before?"

"I don't know why y'all are being dramatic over this. It's just a ring. It's not like they're married or some shit like that. He probably just bought it somewhere cause he liked it."

Those were just some of the comments under your latest picture posted to Harry's brand Instagram. You didn't exactly realize the picture you decided on posting was a close up of Harry's wedding ring.

Or maybe you did and just didn't think about it.

Or you did and just didn't care.

However, regardless, the fans were quick to point out the new addition to Harry's hands. You, of course, wish you could respond and be like "Yep, we're married... Surprise!" But you knew you couldn't.

Although seeing all the talk with the fans, you wondered how they would be once the news broke. You knew you'd probably get backlash from the fans that disliked you, but you were hoping that the majority of fans would be happy because Harry was happy.

Harry and you were out at a small cafe near the hotel for breakfast. You thought about just ordering room service, but since the weather was nice out, you wanted to get out of the room and enjoy it.

"This place is really cute," you smiled looking around. "It reminds me of how I'd want my house to look if I was actually home long enough to enjoy it."

He laughed, "The decor does scream Y/N to me," he said.

You giggled taking a sip of your tea.

"But, uh, speaking of houses and homes," he started. "We uh... we should probably talk about where we're going to live once the tour is finished."

"Oh, yeah, I guess we do need to decide on that," you said.

"We still have a few months before we have to really make a decision," he said.

"That's true," you said. "But..."

"Uh-oh... but what?" He asked taking a bite of his breakfast sandwich.

"I just... I think it would be nice if we picked out a house together. I mean I love your house and I know you put a lot of work and money and time into it, but I feel like it'd be better if we searched and decided on a house that fit us as a couple," you said.

"That makes sense," he nodded. "However, Y/N, there's no way we can go looking for a house, buy it, sell my house, and move in while we're on tour or even in a few months time after tour. Maybe, for now, it would just be better for us to move your things in my house in London, sell your condo, and then we take our time looking and finding our dream house."

You sighed, "But what about LA and New York. Most of my work and other clients are in those cities, actually, the majority of them are, I only have you and a few other's in London and the UK, and Europe, so I just I don't know if me living in London is really... a good option for me."

"And I understand that," he said. "But Y/N, I work from LA almost half the year when I'm not in London, so it's not like we'd be there full time, or you'd have to be there full time."

"I just want us to be able to work together and compromise where we live and what we live in. I don't want to feel like I'm "settling", for lack of a better word, for whatever it is you're doing," you said.

"I promise you, you won't," he said taking your hand in his. "We're married now," he whispered. "We're going to find a way to work all of our logistics out. We've got time, remember and honestly, it's not like everything has to be set in stone by the end of tour either. We've got our whole lives ahead of us to figure all this shit out."

"You're right, you're right," you smiled nodding. "I was just thinking out loud with all the thoughts and questions the subject brings with it."

He smiled leaning across the table and pressing his lips against yours.

**

Later that day, you were all at the venue and backstage getting ready for the show that would take place in just a few hours. You were going around with your camera held to your face as you snapped away with photos of different things backstage, while Harry was playing ping pong with Jeff and the others.

"So, Harry, have you been on social media at all today?" Jeff asked him.

Harry shrugged, "A bit, but not really, why?"

"Because there's some speculation going around..." he stated.

"Isn't there always?" Harry laughed as he kept his eye on the ball.

"Yeah, but a lot of fans have noticed the new ring and they're talking about how... you and Y/N are married," Jeff said. "Now, I've heard a lot of talk about you on social media, but never that," he laughed.

Harry barely made the save as he heard Jeff talking about you two being married. Harry was glad he was able to make the save because if he hadn't, it surely would have given the truth away.

"Y/N and I Married?" Harry forced a laugh. "What brought that on... just a new ring I got in Jamaica?"

"Well, apparently it's more of that it's a new ring after a few days off and it's on your wedding ring finger or something," Jeff said. "And apparently you've never worn a ring there before."

"Seriously? Surely I have," Harry nervously laughed.

"I don't know, sometimes the fans know you better than you know yourself," Jeff shrugged.

"Yeah, they do," Harry nodded.

"Now, I'm only asking this because as both your friend and your manager, I need to know, did anything.. even an engagement happen in Jamaica that I need to know about," Jeff asked.

Harry caught the ping pong ball in his hand and looked him in the eye. He hated lying especially to one of his close friends, but he had to do this. He had to deny the wedding and the marriage because you both agreed on waiting to tell everyone. Plus, when you two did tell other's, your families would be the first ones to find out, and then close family and friends.

"Nothing happened in Jamaica," Harry said. "I just saw the ring in one of the shops, bought it and I put it on. That's it."

"Okay, good," Jeff smiled. "I'm happy to hear that because you and I both know that you're not ready for marriage, just yet. I mean I love Y/N, I do, but you two still have things to work out, you know."

Harry gulped back a knot in his throat and nodded, "Yeah, I do know," he said.

Jeff patted his back before walking away to check on some other things. Harry sighed putting the paddle and ball back onto the table. You had walked up just as Harry and Jeff started their conversation. You hid behind them as you listened and you sighed when you heard Jeff's last comment.

When he walked away, you went up to Harry. You placed your camera down and looked at you.

"This is going to be harder than I thought," he whispered.

"Yeah, and I have a feeling it's going to be even harder once it's not a secret anymore," you sighed.

Harry wrapped his arms around you and kissed your forehead. "We'll get through it, baby. I love you and you love me, that's all that matters."

You nodded wrapping your arms around him and hoping that your love would always be enough.

A/N:

So, I've got an idea for this series!!! I'm thinking that once the tour is over... I can end this series and do another companion series called Behind The Marriage or something... and it'll be about them being married and handling any backlash from everyone finding out about the wedding!

Let me know your thoughts!!!