13. Time

James
ฯฯฯฯฯฯฯฯฯฯฯ

Andy and me turn the corner to Ella's hospital room, coffee in hand. "How are you feeling?" Andy asks softly like he's talking to a wild animal which I'm taking as a compliment.

"Knowing that Ella is stable, that she is safe, and she is away from Mr. psychopath, I am doing fine."

"Do you even know his name?" Andy asks but much louder this time.

"Uh... No," I answer back, stretching out the 'o' since it was never mentioned in a conversation. It's as though Ella was keeping a secret.

"I dont need to know. I dont care. Ella and me are happily in love and she's happy not to be associated with her ex." I add as we turn into Ella's room but there was a weird continuous beep.

My eyes widen when I see a flat line in Ella's heart monitor. Dropping the coffee to the floor I run over to her side.

"No no no, Ella, babe please tell me this is a joke!" I grab her hand, feeling truly no pulse. Andy is already out getting someone.

"Hold on babe I... I still need you," I cry, pressing my forehead against hers, kissing her soft cheek. "I can't imagine this world without you... come back. I swear to love you forever, just come back!" I yell the last part between sobs.

A bunch of doctors and nurses run in with Andy in the back. A nurse pushes me back and forces me by the window.

I just stand there sobbing, feeling useless as they all yell different things. Then they stop, causing my head to snap up as they all say in unison, "there is nothing we could do. She's gone. I'm sorry for your loss."

Let me tell you one thing—being creeped out and sad are not a good combination, belive me because that's what I'm feeling right now.

Slowly, the nurses and doctors all exit, Dr. Wood standing back a second longer before leaving.

Andy walks to my side as I sink into my knees next to the hospital bed, "James, she loved you." is all Andy could say, but I knew exactly what he meant.

Ella, the love of my life, is gone.