Chapter 22 - His ex-wife

Start from the beginning

He was still deliciously handsome, trained and manly. Michael still had this dangerous and rough look of manliness on him, a stern face, muscles which exploded underneath his shirt and his deep rumbling voice was the cherry on top.

Of course my ex partner dressed in the most expensive get-up as usual, I had never seen him wear something cheap and thank god I didn't!

God when I just thought back to the times he would let out his steam on me.

"What do you want? I'm busy", he growled, not even addressing me at all. Michael scanned the papers in his hands, moved to the shelves to his right and drew out some files.

I stalked over to him, running my hand down his muscular back.

He tensed up and in a split second, I found my hand in his tight grasp.

Michael finally met my eyes. Piercing. Sharp. Disapproving. An aggressive expression filled his face. I didn't let that get to me. He was playing hard to get.

"You know what I want, honey. You."

"And you know I don't want to give that to you", Michael flicked my hand away. He went behind his desk.

I sat down in front of him, crossing my legs. "Are you still mad because of the Vanity affairs?"

He let out a breathy laugh, one that came through his nose. "I'm not mad I lost you, to clarify things. I'm mad you ruined my image by crawling onto any men's lap that night."

"Should have pleased me", I drew out.

A heavy brow of his rose up and he shook his head. "Please the woman who went behind my back to steal my credit card and spend a million dollars for no reason? Please the woman who was a mere business bond to benefit the Hawkins' and the Beaumont's? I think the fuck not."

"You are hurting me", I cried playfully, laid a hand on my heart. My hand slipped down and unbuttoned another button. He didn't even follow my hand movement. "Admit it Mike, we loved each other. You are just playing hard to get."

"I don't know what made you even think I even liked you remotely, Eleanor."

"We were married. We had the biggest wedding of the year. We were everywhere! Any news outlet covered our story! You kissed me. You smiled at me."

"I tried to get my money's worth. My mother and I invested a good sum for one year of marriage."

"Don't you think we did the same?" He ignored it. "You loved me."

"No, Eleanor, I didn't. I forced myself to act like that. I pushed you away the whole year long. It kept mother off my back. I endured the year and divorced you immediately, just like the contract had said we should. I got the money from your father and we both got the media attention we had needed."

"That was in the past."

"Exactly, it was years ago, and it should stay that way", Michael sharply replied, reading the papers in his hands. "Now leave."

"How can you be so cold? I truly loved you, Mike", I ran my hand down his arm. "I tried to be a good wife."

Michael put my hand away. "By cheating, stealing and lying? Leave my office before I have to call Angus."

I frowned. "Why would you drag my father into this?"

"Because he himself agreed to never allow you to be in a relationship with me again, after the way you acted." Michael smiled, content with himself. "Now our secret is out; what a bummer. Daddy Angus is against Michael after he served his purpose. He wants somebody better for his little girl who loves the fame."