Chapter 11

~Drake~

I trudge after the trackers feeling pain flow through my body and feeling it get more intense. I knew it was because I have been away from Aubrey for two long. Feeling the pain just makes me wanna get to her faster knowing that if I was in pain, so was she. We had been searching all through the night and I was tired but my will to find my mate was stronger.

It was about five o'clock and the scent was getting faint. we had been moving faster trying to not loose the scent. My father had gotten a call from my mother asking if we had found her yet. I could hear Aubrey's mother crying over the receiver and it made me feel even worse.

"There is a log cabin. We need to check it out. Aubrey's scent is strongest here." We nod and quickly disperse til we are completely circling the entire cabin.

We bust through the doors and windows. The pain in my body slowly starts fading and I howl letting everyone else know that Aubrey was definitely here. I can smell her scent coming from down stairs, we start searching for a way to get down there.

After a while of searching one of the trackers barks letting us know that he found a door. We go and he had already shifted and pulled up a door from the ground that was clearly hidden under a carpet.

I lead the way jumping down the steps smelling Aubrey and feeling her presence growing closer.

When I get to the bottom of the stairs I stop and let out a vicious growl. I crouch down in a defense stance and growl once more as the rest of my pack surrounds Tyler and Aubrey. Aubrey was half naked and her hands were tied behind her back with a strip of duck tape over her mouth. Tears were streaming down her face and she was shaking from fear. Tyler stood behind her in nothing but boxers. He was gripping her arm and was holding a knife to her throat.I wanted to charge at Tyler and rip his throat out but I knew I couldn't until we got him to release her. I never liked Tyler but in this moment I absolutely despise him. 

"Tyler let her go." I hear my father say. I growl at him enforcing my fathers command. 

"No! I am the one meant to be with her. Drake did something to her to make her think that they are mates. She belongs to me." He says jerking her closer to him making another growl irrupts from me. 

"But you don't want it to happen like this do you. Your scaring her and she if you push your self on her then she could never love you." My father says trying to reason with him. 

"NO! She will love me for making her see that we are meant to be." He said jerking her around making a sob come out from her. 

"Stop, don't you see. You're scaring her and hurting her. Just let her go and we can talk this out. Please we just don't want any harm to come to her. Just let her go." He said. Tyler seemed reluctant for a second but eventually he lets her go. She runs to my dad and I pounce on Tyler sinking my claws in to his chest and ripping his throat out. He chokes on his blood for a second but quickly dies. I get off him and stand up facing Aubrey an my father. He was taking off the duct tape. I walk behind her and cut the ropes with my teeth before shifting back in to my human form. Aubrey turns to me once all of the tape was off of her mouth. She sobs and wraps her arms around me. I grip her close to me holding the back of her head rocking her side to side. 

"Shh it's OK baby, it's OK." I whisper kissing the side of her head. 

After a while, once Aubrey calms down I pull my shirt over her head covering her. I wrap my arm around her waist and bring her outside. My dad walks up o me and hands me a pair of keys. 

"Here there is a car at the side of the house. Take Aubrey home, have the doctor look at her to make sure she is okay." I nod and lead Aubrey to the side of the house to find a silver car. I unlock it and help Aubrey in before walking to my side and climbing in driving us back to the pack house. I glance over at my mate to see her sitting with her legs bent up to her chest and she was hugging them to her chest. 

"Are you okay?" I ask looking at her. She glances at me and sends me a smile but I could see the pain in her eyes. 

"I will be."She whispers grabbing my hand and squeezes it. I pull up to the pack house and get out helping her out of the car. 

"Aubrey! Your back!" Mandy yells running out the door and towards Aubrey with Travis trailing after her. I step in front of Aubrey not wanting either of them to hurt her. 

"What's wrong?" Mandy asked. 

"She needs to be checked by the doctor and you need to be careful." I say giving them both a stern look. 

"Stop it Drake. They can hug me, I have missed my two favorite people in the world anyways." They grin and run up to me giving me a hug from each of them. 

"Hurtful." I say and Aubrey looks up at me smiling. I smile back and then she stands up. We all walk in to the house and Aubrey's mom and my mom both hug her crying. 

"I'm OK." She says. hugging them both back. 

"She needs to be checked by the doctor. The rest will be back later." I say wrapping my arm around her waist and lead her in to our room. I had already called the doctor and asked him to meet us here in an hour. 

"I thought that you would want to take a shower or take a nap before the doctor came. I asked for an hour but I can call him and tell him to come later." I say sitting on the bed. 

"No i just wanna take a shower and then eat and then I will be checked out by the doctor after and then I can sleep after that." She says and I nod kissing her on the forehead. I walk in to the bathroom and start her shower. 

After Aubrey had taken her shower and I cooked her a meal to eat we went back up to our room and sat waiting for the doctor to come and take a look at her.

Once the doctor had come in and seen her we sat on the bed and he discussed what was going to happen. 

"There are no permanent damage to anything, but you are definitely going to stay home and just let those bruises and cuts heal." We both nod and he leaves and Aubrey and I lay in bed both exhausted and needing to sleep. We barely talked that night but we didn't need to, all we needed was each other. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys sorry it took so long. I am moving to a new school and it is stressful. I am also starting drivers ed so I am trying to learn as much about cars as I can before it starts so I can pass and get my drivers license. Well I hope you liked it!