Best Friends Mate Chapter 7

~Aubrey~

Drake and I laid on the couch for a couple hours. We both looked up as we hear the door open. My parents come into the living room and smile at us. 

"Hey guys, Aubrey some one left a package or you in the mail box." I sit up and Drake does too and moves so he is sitting next to me. I grabbed the package out of my moms hand and her and my father walked out of the room talking. I set the package on my lap and open it. I pull the flaps open and my eyes widen in shock at what I see. I pull out a zippy bag and hold it in my hand. It was labeled 'Aubrey's hair'. I drop the zippy bag startled and disgusted. Drake looks at me from his phone and sees my face. He slowly picks up the bag. 

"What is this?" he asks looking at it. 

"I think it is suppose to be my hair." I say. he scrunches up his eye brows. 

"That is disgusting. What else is in here." He says pulling the box out of my lap. He pulls out a handful of pictures. I look through them as he pulls out more. 

"Oh my gosh, these are all pictures of me. This was when I was five on Easter, this was when I was eight, eleven, this was my sixteen school picture." He looks through his pile. 

"This was when you were just a baby, toddler, kinder garden graduation, eighth grade," We finish the box finding a lot of  pictures and other creepy things. a few things that had gotten lost over the years were in the box. There was a letter on the bottom. 

I pulled it out and read it out loud. 

"Dear Aubrey, this box might seem extremely stalkerish, but I promise you that I am not stalking you. I love you Aubrey. I have been since I first laid eyes on you when you were in the fourth grade. These are a few things that I have collected from you over the years. I recently discovered that Drake is fooling you and some how brain washed you to believing that you are his mate. Aubrey this is a lie. I will save you my princess. I can not reveal my identity, Drake will go crazy that I told you the truth. I love you Aubrey. I promise you that I will save you and we can finally be together." I finish and am really shocked. 

"This guy is crazy." I say and look over at Drake. His whole body was rigid. His fists were tightly clenched. His breathing was hard and his face was red. I could clearly se all the anger on his face. I set the note on the table and took his hand in mine. I intertwined our fingers and rubbed my hand up and down his arm. 

"Drake, it's alright. I know that you would never do that to me." I say and kiss his cheek. I squealed out of shock as he grabbed my waist tightly and brought me in his lap so I was straddling him. He did it so quickly and effortlessly that I was completely surprised. He buried his head in to my neck and held me close to his chest. I could feel him breathing in my scent trying to calm down. I wrapped my hands around his neck and played with the hair at the base of his neck. I kiss his temple trying to calm him down. 

After a while of us sitting like that he pulls his head out and I can see him calmed down. I kiss the tip of his nose and I rub the sides of his face. 

"Are you okay?" I ask. He looks into my eyes for a while before answering. 

"Not really." He says. I kiss his cheek softly. 

"It's gonna be okay. I don't believe anything he says. I know you didn't brainwash me into believing that I was your mate. That is absolutely crazy." I say. He nods. 

"I am just afraid that he will do something that could get you hurt." He said and I could see the worry in his eyes. 

"Hey, it will be okay. Nothing is going to happen to me. I promise you that." I say and rub the side of his face. He nods and brings me closer to his chest. I wrap my arms around his neck and he hugs me tighter. 

After a while we pack the box up and take it to his and my father.Drake starts packing up the box and I call his dad from my phone.

"Hello." I hear his father answer on the phone.

"Umm Hi. Are you busy?" I ask him.

"No Aubrey, What's up?" He asks.

"Drake and I need to see you. My dad too but he and my mom can drive us over to your house." I say.

"That's okay. Mandy and Travis are asleep already though." He says.

"That is good. I think it might be for the best."

"Okay well we will see you in a bit." He says.

"Okay thank you." I hang up and go to find my dad.

"Dad, can you and mom come with Drake and I there is something we need to tell you along with the Alpha." I ask as I find my parents in the kitchen talking.

"Sure sweet heart. Is something wrong?" he asks clear worry in his voice.

"Kinda but I would like to wait til we get to there house." I say. They nod and get the car keys. Drake and I get in the back seat and my parents sit in the front. Dad drives us to his house.

We all meet in his fathers study and Drake and I show them the box. They are shocked at it all. 

"We definetly can not take this lightly. We need to treat this like any other threat against the Alpha and Luna, this could be treated as a threat because it is saying that he will take Aubrey away from Drake. I am going to give this to out best trackers to see if they can find the faintest of a scent." Drake's dad says. I nod and he takes the box out of his office. 

"Aubrey, Drake we are going to have some of the pack fighters follow you guys around. They won't be obviously or annoyingly around you." We both nod. I can tell that Drake is annoyed but allows it for our safety. 

"You two will sleep here tonight. I don't want you seperated at all which I am sure won't be a problem. You both know how to defend your selves so I am not worried about that. Please be careful. Don't act different around other people either, we don't want this getting out. You only have two weeks of school left before you graduate." We nod understanding. We are sent out of the room to go to bed. Tomorrow was Sunday and we were going to have a family day with Drake's and mine. 

Drake grabs my hand and we walk up to his room. When we get there he goes to his closet. He brings out a pair of his gym shorts and a t-shirt for me. I go into his bathroom and strip changing into his clothes. I wash the make up off of my face. I grab my tooth brush that I kept here and brush my teeth. I came out of the bathroom and Drake was going in. He had tooken of his shirt and put on a pair of basket ball shorts. 

I got into the bed as I heard Drake washing his face and brushing his teeth. I am almost asleep when I feel Drake slipping in to bed beside me. I open my eyes and he is looking down at me. 

"I love you Aubrey." He says. 

"I love you too Drake." I say. He strokes the side of my cheek and leans down and locks his lips to mine. When we pull back I snuggle into his chest and close my eyes. Eventually I fall asleep. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! I hope you like this chapter. It was kinda hard to write but once I got the idea it was easy. Well I don't know when the next chapter will be up but I think it will be soon.