Best Friends Mate Chapter 1

~Aubrey~

I change out of my pajama's and put on a white tank-top, a skirt that stopped just above my knees. It was a black flowy one, I slipped in to some white flats and put on some light make-up. I brush my hair and jog down stairs. I grab my back pack and phone heading outside as my best friend, Drake, was sitting in his car waiting for me. We had known each other since we were little. My father being the beta and his the Alpha they had grown up together and so had we. I got in his car and he smiled at me as I put on my seatbelt. He pulled out of my drive way and we drove to school. When we got there we headed to our lockers already being slightly late.

I put up all my books and we headed to home room. He slung his arm around my shoulders as we walk down the hall. We were pretty popular, the werewolves wanted to know us because of our positions in the pack and humans wanted to know us because Drake is the quarter back of the foot ball team and I am the head cheerleader.

When we had gotten there, we walked in and took our seats in the middle of the class room. I sat down and crossed my legs turning to Drake slightly.

"So how's Mandy?" I ask setting my head on my hand. He had a little sister and little brother. Mandy, which is short for Amanda, is so cute. She is 13 and is so sweet, she looks up to me for a lot of stuff. Their brother, Travis, is 5, and is so cute, he has a crush on me.

"She's good, she told me to tell you that she has to ask you a question. So after practice wanna come over? You can stay the night if you want we can stop at your place and get some stuff." I smile and nod. I stay over at there place all the time, they have a guest room that I crashed in, and it had an amazing bed.

"Sure, I would love to. I just need to get some clothes and tell my parents." I say and he nods turning to the front as our teacher takes attendance and gives announcements. After this class we had Chemistry, Geometry, English, Lunch, History, P.E., and then we had study hall. Our classes are really small and we are a private school in the middle of the territory. We had werewolves and humans, but everyone knew each other. We have a set class and that is who you go to classes to. The biggest class we had consisted of 20 kids, and There were about three classes per grade. Luckily Drake was in my class, but I think he and his father pulled some strings.

After class we walk to our lockers talking. I loved spending time with Drake, cause nothing ever got awkward, we talk about everything with each other. There is no personal things between us. It was a great relationship, and a lot of people actually thought we are a couple, but I don't care. In like the tenth grade, I remember a girl telling me I was killing his love life. I asked him about it and he said that he would rather have me as a best friend than a thousand girls date him.

The only thing I was worried about was when we found our mates, what if his doesn't like me and he never talks to me again for her. I don't even know if he would, but you would do anything for your mate.

I sigh and get my books out of my locker. I closed it and Drake wrapped his arm around my shoulder as we walk to class. Drake was 18 and he turns 19 in a little over a month. I turn 18 in three days. Werewolves can shift from the time they are born, but when they are 18 they find there mates most of the time. Some don't find each other until they are old, some don't find them at all. I hope that isn't the case with me. I want to find someone that would love me for everything I am.