Best Friends Mate Chapter 6

~Aubrey~

I got out of Drake's car and we walked in to the restaurant hand in hand. We found my parents sitting with Travis and Mandy. Drake and I walked over and he pulled my seat out for me. I smiled at him and sat down and he sat beside me.

"Hello welcome, what can I get you guys to drink?" A waitress comes up to the table and asks smiling kindly to us all.

After we all ordered our drinks we opened our menus and started looking at all the delicious food. I finally decide on getting a steak. When our waitress came back, she set our drinks down and than got all of our food orders. She walks off and gives the order into the kitchen and we have light discussion until the appetizers come and we start eating. 

Once we were all done eating, My parents got up and paid the bill and we left. Drake and I got in the car but he wouldn't tell me where we were going. He turned on the radio and kiss me slowly by parachute played. I started singing along softly. Drake looked over at me and smiled before entangling his fingers through mine. He kept driving until he pulled up on the side of the woods. I look out the window as he quickly gets out and opens my door. 

"We have to walk from here." I get out and nod. He locks the car and than grabs my hand and we start walking. 

He walks in front of me and holds the branches back out of the way. All of a sudden he stops. I didn't catch it fast enough and ran right into his back. He turs around to me and smiles down at me. He kisses my forehead making me blush slightly. 

"Are you ready?" He asks. I nod excited. He moves to the side and my mouth gapes. 

"Oh my gosh, Drake, it's beautiful." I say looking around. The trees seem to be in a perfect circle in the small clearing. There was a small river running through. there were a few bunches of flowers but not a ton just the right amount. "When did you find this?" I ask looking up at him. 

"I found it about three years ago. I promised my self that I would never show anyone this until I found my mate and she would be the only one to ever see it." He said. 

"That is incredibly sweet." I say grinning up at him. 

"I was so tempted to bring you up here a few times." He says. 

"Really? Me?" I ask shocked. 

"Yeah, i had the hugest crush on you since like the sixth grade." He said.

"What? How come you never told me?" I ask blushing at the new information. 

"I could't tell you. We were just best friends, you never saw me as anything more than a friend or brother." He says looking at the ground. 

"That is so not true." He looks up at me shocked. "I have had a crush on you since we were little kids."I say smiling. 

"What? Really?" He asked shocked and i smile blushing lightly. I nod and he grins. Suddenly he cups my cheek and ducks his head capturing my lips with his. I stop in shock but soon melt in to the kiss. I wrap my arms around his neck and slowly raise on my tip toes making it more comfortable for him. 

We pull away slowly and he leans his forehead on mine. I smile shyly at him and he grins 

"You have no idea how happy you make me Aubrey." He says tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear. 

"I think I have some idea." I say grinning at him. He kisses me lightly and leaned back again. 

"I love you Aubrey Edwards" He says and I stare at him before a smile grows on my mouth. I jump a little bit and wrap my arms around his neck. He hugs me back and I lay my head in the crook of his neck. I pull back a little bit. 

"I love you too Drake." I say tears forming in my eyes out of happiness. He kisses me before we walk farther into the clearing and sit down. 

He sits down on  blanket that he had layed out. He grabbed my hips and brought me down sitting me on his lap sideways. I lean my head on his chest and he wraps his arm around me. 

We sit there and just enjoy each others company. He rubs small circles in to my arm. 

We sat there until my stomach rumbled. I blushed slightly, knowing Drake heard it. 

"Are you hungry princess?" He asks kissing the top of my head. 

"Yeah I am." I whisper quietly. He sets me up lightly and pulls me up as he stands up. 

"Let's go home. We can stop at a fast food restaurant, I wanna go home and cuddle, maybe watch a movie." He says. I grin nodding loving his idea. We walk back to his truck and he opens the door for me. I climb in and buckle my seat belt as he runs around and gets in his side. 

He grabs my hand and sets it on the middle console. He starts driving down the road. 

"Where would you like to eat princess?" He asks I think for a minute before answering. 

"Taco Bell." I say. He nods and pulls on the highway, to head back towards town. He pulls off the high way and drives toward the taco bell that was the closest. 

"What would you like?" He asks as he gets behind a car 

"Umm can I get two bean and cheese burrito's with no onions or hot sauce, a mountain dew and a cinnamon stick." I ask him. 

"Of course babe." I smile as he pulls up and orders. when we get the food he pulls out and drives out to head home. 

He pulls up in my drive way and he gets out coming to my side. He opens my door and helps me out grabbing the drinks. We walk inside after I unlock the door and we both walk in to the family room. We have a living room where my parents usually bring like business people or there more formal friends and they sit in there. In our family room is where like close family and friends come to sit. We watch movies and it is just very relaxed. 

We set the food on the coffee table and he starts pulling stuff out and getting it all set up. 

"I'm going to change real quick." I say. 

"Okay." He said as he is picking a movie. I run upstairs and get in to my closet. I pulled out a pair of black sweat pants that had pink writing on the side saying 'Love Pink' I pull on a hot pink tank-top and rub some lotions on my arms. I take my sandals off and set them back where they go. I pull my hair into a high pony tail and put on a elastic hair band to keep my hair back. I go back down stairs and Drake was sitting on the couch and the beginning screen of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer Stone was on. 

I grin and jump on the couch next to Drake. He smiles and hits play as the lights were already off. He hands me one of my burrito's and my drink. I lean on Drake a little bit not taking my eyes off of the movie. 

I love the Harry Potter Series, I was a total geek for them. 

When I was done with my food we put the wrappers in the bag and he ties it off setting it aside for us to throw it away later. He moves us but I was to into the movie to really pay attention. When he was done we were laying down on the couch and he was laying in front behind me, spooning me. His arms were wrapper around my waist and I had a small pillow under my head. 

When the movie ended, Drake turned the t.v. off and I turned around curling into him. He wraps his arms tighter around me and we layed there for a few hours.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, sorry it has been a long time since I have updated. Alot of stuff has been going on. I hope you liked this chapter and it is super late so I need to go to bed cause I have school tomorrow :(