[18] A battle well fought.

Your POV:

I slowly opened my eyelids to realize I had woken up in the familiarity of our home. I felt a protective arm wrapped around my torso from behind me. It was safe for me to assume it was no one other than Markus. I looked out of the window to get a good idea of what the time may be. It seemed to have been around 7 or so in the morning.

I had no idea I was that tired...

I really didn't feel like getting up at all. So I just sat there for a while and enjoyed the peace and quiet. I turned to face Markus and found that his eyes were closed? It took me by surprise that he was seemingly. Sleep. Most likely he shut down for a bit.  But he looked at peace and sleeping. I ran my hand along his cheek mesmerized by every small bump and hair along his jaw. I noticed that his eyes had opened and locked with mine.

"Good Morning," I say softly.

"Good Morning." He replied in the same tone.

"Why'd you shut down?" I asked curiously still caressing his cheek.

"You said when I was RA9 I could dream. I wanted to see if I could dream again."

"Did you dream?" I questioned.

He gave me a small smile before nodding. "Yes, I did. I dreamt about waking up next to you in our beach house." He said taking my hand and kissing my knuckles. "I got up to fix you breakfast. After you ate you and I walked the beach and talked about places we had been...Jamaica...Greece...Croatia...then I told you I wanted to take you to France even though you had already been. Everything was peaceful and we didn't have a worry nor care." He pulled me into him. "I can't wait for it to be that way. When it's just you and I. When we don't have to worry  about anything." He said nuzzling my neck.

"We're almost there Markus." I say smiling. He ran his hand through my hair before giving me a delicate passionate kiss.
He held my left hand and played with my fingers. He seemed to be lost in his thoughts again.

"What is it?" I ask chuckling softly.

He looked at me and kissed my nose. "I love you."

"I love you too. I'm happy you can dream now." I say smiling.

"Me too." Markus says with a small smile as he continued to play with my hand.

"I'm usually not the one to say this but we have to get up soon." I say with a small smile.

"Let's stay like this for a while." He requested.

I nodded. After all I didn't wanted to move either. More than we would have both like to. We got up and got ready for the day ahead.  Today we would be doing an interview and then going to a high school to speak with teenagers about gun violence. After that we would be flying to Florida to do an interview with a famous youtuber:

 After that we would be flying to Florida to do an interview with a famous youtuber: