[24] A part of Darkness

3rd person perspective:

Markus picked (Y/n)'s limp body up in his arms and ran out of the building with Elijah following close behind he pushed against the current of other people pushing out if the building. Connor had already managed to cuff North and was already taking her to the station for questioning within seconds of the incident. The whole thing was live and people at home watched as the horror unflolds.

Once Markus had her in the car he held her hand mindless mumbling and begging of her to aaken while Elijah drove recklessly to the nearest hospital. No one could believe this was happening. Everybody wanted to know why. There were already on the news. They were milking the event like a newly found cow. Markus was distraught and he was getting stressed beyond belief. Elijah looked in the rearview mirror and noticed the changes in Markus's expressions.

"Markus...what's happening?" Elijah asked worried

"Her heart is slowing down..."

"We're turning in now!" Elijah exclaimed. "You make a mad dash inside and don't let anything stop you!" Elijah exclaimed a hint of anger in his voice. He was tired of losing his baby sister and seeing the wound in her chest set alarms off in his head that this is one injury she won't come back from.

Once he made a wild turn in front of the hospital entrance Markus wasted no time jumping out of the car and running into the hospital calling any professional for help.

(Y/n) was put on a gurney and rushed into a surgery room immediately. They wasted no time with diagnosis and beginning surgery.
Markus could not be pushed away. He held her hand through the surgery and watched every move the surgeons made.

Hours had passed and by some miracle she was OK but she was on life support. A nurse had alarmed Markus that (Y/n) would have to stay in the hospital under surveillance for 3 days to make sure that she was truly stable. After all the bullet had nearly went through her heart and punctured a major vein.

Meanwhile at the station Connor had been using every trick in the book to get North to crack. He had managed to get her stress levels up by 35% and up to 38 at some point but she remains untouchable. Connor had put her back inside her cell to take a break. He had never been extremely close to (Y/n) but he was close enough to feel all this take an emotional toll on him. He wanted to get an answer out of her as to why she would shoot her. He looked up at the TV to check for an update on her condition. Nothing had been said. But he was pretty sure there was something in the works at this point...

Markus was sitting at her bedside squeezing her hand. He felt numb and angry. He wanted to hurt North. He wanted her to feel his pain. At least a huge part of him did. His pacifism was keeping him glued to his Wife's side. Well...his almost wife. The more he thought about it the more fury and vengeance consumed him. He could no longer stand aside. He got up only to be stopped by Elijah.

"What are you doing?" Elijah asked Markus.

"I'm going to make North suffer." Markus answered grimly.

"No you need to stay here with (Y/n). She needs you more than ever right now Markus. Going to the station is exactly what North wants. You can't give into her. (Y/n) wouldn't want you to do that." Elijah said calmly. "Look at her...who is more worthy of your time right now? The criminal or your future wife?" Elijah questioned

Markus's anger began to slow descend as he looked at his fiance as his mind was hesitantly made up. He sat in the seat by her bedside again.

"I will go to the station for you and get an update as to what's happening over there." Elijah tells Markus who nods before holding  his fiancé's hand.
Elijah did as he said he would. Getting into the car he drove not once looking at the back seat that might be covered in blood. Elijah wasn't one to cry. It was something that was extremely rare of him to do. But he couldn't take it. His sister was on life support and those on life support didn't have good odds of making it out. Not only that but he remembered a dark conversation that he and his sister had once before on this very matter.