23

Fenrir and I slept in Bruce's room now.

Fenrir stayed there in case something happened with his health and I was there in case Fenrir had a nightmare.

Bruce and Fenrir slept on two different beds while I slept in the windowsill, leaning against the glass.

I blinked awake when the door opened.

"Oh, sorry I didn't mean to wake you," Bruce said quietly.

I glanced at Fenrir, who was still sleeping.

"It's okay," I told him just as quietly.

I wasn't sure he heard me, but he gave a small smile when I curled back up on the windowsill.

"You can sleep in my bed, I won't be using it for a while," Bruce informed.

I slowly moved from the cushioned windowsill and Bruce gave me an encouraging smile before leaving the room.

I curled up in a ball on the bed and watched Fenrir, waiting for him to wake up.
.
.
.
He woke up an hour later.

He sat up and rubbed his eyes with a knuckle before noticing me, "Sleipnir, why are you still here? Have you eaten?"

I shook my head, "I needed to watch over you, are you hungry little brother?"

Fenrir nodded his head before the two of us got up and headed down to the kitchen.

Everyone else was up except for Tony.

"Good morning Sleipnir, Fenrir," Steve greeted, having been the first to notice us.

Laura put two more plates of food on the table, we both thanked her before starting to eat.
.
.
.
A few hours later, Fenrir and I were in our other forms roaming the forest on our own.

"Do you think Father will come back for us?" Fenrir asked as we walked.

"Of course he will, he's probably freeing our siblings. So we can be a family again," I told him, nudging his shoulder gently with my muzzle.

A bright light appeared before us, startling both Fenrir and myself.

It was the Bifrost.

When the light cleared, a large blue snake was coiled up in the dirt.