21

It had been two weeks since Fenrir arrived.

He looked much better and was slowly progressing on eating more solid foods.

I was with him at every step of his recovery. Fenrir had gained almost ten pounds during his stay.

I assumed Bruce's bedrest law on Fenrir had been affective.

Today though, Bruce let Fenrir come outside.

"The sunshine'll be good for him," he'd said.

So, the two of us were at the tree line, laying beneath one of the older trees.

Everyone else appeared to be working in various places around the farm.

Laura, Natasha, and Wanda were the only ones inside the house.

I was in my horse form, but Fenrir was still too weak to shift.

I had my head laying in Fenrir's lap when I heard two pairs of steps running over.

"Sleppy!"

I opened my eyes to see Lila and Cooper stopping in front of us.

I huffed a breath of acknowledgment.

"Can we go for a ride?" Lila asked enthusiatically.

Fenrir was asleep, curled up into my side.

Pietro ran over and plopped himself onto the grass, "I can watch him,"  he offered. He was covered in sweat.

I got up slowly

Pietro replaced me with himself so Fenrir wouldn't wake up, he didn't.

I crouched down to allow Lila and Cooper onto my back.

"Let's go in the woods!" Cooper exclaimed rather loudly.

I looked over at Clint, who'd looked up from his work, "Don't be gone long or I'm gonna look for you," he called before continuing to screw boards together.

"Can you run?" Cooper asked.

I snorted and started to trot down a new trail.

I'd trotted down the trail until we came across a small clearing, but the sky was concealed with tree limbs and leaves.

There was a small, still pond with cattail growing along a few sections.

Two deer drank from it, they were wary of the kids, but didn't flee.

"Wow," was the only thing I heard from the two.

It was a very peaceful place.