25

As I wandered into Laura's study, I could see Jormungandr was covered in blankets.

He was being spoon-fed what looked to be warm water by Wanda.

Pietro was talking with Bruce in a hushed tone, the two were facing the window.

They took no notice of me.

I walked over to Jormungandr.

Wanda to stop and look up at me. "Would you prefer to do it?" she questioned, offering me the spoon.

Bruce and Pietro both turned to see who Wanda was talking to.

I nodded, taking the spoon and the bowl of warm water.

Wanda got up and went to join Pietro and Bruce's conversation.

I took Wanda's seat, resting the bowl between my crossed legs, and started to slowly feed Jormungandr the water.

I felt tears well in my eyes as I did so.

Bruce walked over to me after he had finished up his conversation with Pietro and Wanda.

Bruce crouched beside me, "Hey, he's gonna be okay, he's gonna be fine. He has extreme hypothermia and he's a little malnourished. We have him hooked up to an IV drip to hydrate him and give him some nutrients," Bruce explained gently as Pietro and Wanda left the room, presumably to tell everyone what was going on.

After Bruce got up, the door practically slammed open, revealing Fenrir.

He ran over to me and jumped in to my lap, shifting into his wolf form before he started whimpering.

I was glad I put the bowl on the table.

I held the spoon out to Bruce, he took it and continued what I'd been doing while I comforted Fenrir.