11

I walked back to the house as the sun was disappearing behind the trees.

Pietro, Wanda, Lila, Cooper, and their father were sitting on the porch, seemingly waiting for me.

I walked over to the trio and stopped a few feet in front of the stairs.

Pietro and Wanda got up and walked over to me, "Please shift," Wanda requested quietly.

I did as she asked.

"You four go inside, I want to talk with her, privately," the father added the last bit when the four hesitated to move.

I hoped I'd be learning his name soon.

Wanda went inside, Pietro lingered for a moment before following her.

He sat down on the steps and motioned for me to join him, which I did.

"My name's Clint by the way," he told me before adding, "Thanks for saving Lila and Cooper a while back. I don't know what I'd do if I lost them," Clint told me, rubbing the back of his neck.

"You would have done the same if you had been in my place," I told him modestly, and a bit bashfully.

"I'm sorry for seeming mad earlier in the barn,".

I nodded my head, showing I accepted his apology.

I kept my head down, and we sat there in silence for a few moments before he finally said something.

"Well, I'm gonna just go inside, feel free to come inside and join us. The team wants to introduce themselves," he told me as he got up.

I followed him inside and into the dining room, which held everyone I'd seen except Thor and enough food to supply a feast for a family of Asgard.