18

I had my head down, resting on Pietro's head.

My ears twitched as I heard Bruce open a box and take some things out.

"This is gonna sting, but it needs to happen," Bruce told me before pouring something onto my back and flank.

He was right, it did sting.

My nostrils flared and my ears went back.

Wanda stood in front of Pietro, reaching up to put a hand on my nose, my head was still resting on top of Pietro's head. This probably looked weird from his angle.

I focused on Wanda instead of the sting.

It didn't take long for Bruce to announce he was done.

My tail twitched as I moved my head off of Pietro's the first thing he did was pop his neck.

I nudged his chest with my nose before shaking my mane.

I laid back down in the grass, curling my legs against my side.

Wanda said she'd be back before she darted in the house. She wasn't inside for more than two minutes before she came back out with a couple books.

As she got closer, I could see the title read 'Harry Potter'.

She sat down in the grass leaning against my side and she started to read aloud.

I drifted off listening to her voice.
.
.
.
POV SWITCH
.
.
.
"Those welts have been there for a while. There's scar tissue on her hind quarters and back from other welts. Thor, you said she was used as a draft horse right?"

Thor nodded his head, "She has been forced to work there since she was born. Odin was convinced that she was cursed,".

Tony was looking out the window, "She looks real cursed doesn't she?" Tony asked dryly.

We all glanced out the window to see Sleipnir and Pietro sleeping while Wanda read a book.