6

I heard something loud in the distance, I'd never heard such a sound before.

My ears flattened and the two children in my stall grew large smiles, "Dad's home!" the two exclaimed, scattering out of my stall. They barely remembered to lock it.

I got up shakily, I could hear the two laughing and quite a few others greeting them.

I heard the barn door creak open and the two children bounced over to my stall.

Lila darted inside, so I leaned down so she could pet my nose.

A group of people appeared in the doorway, there were seven males and one female.

I recognized one of the people in the group and he recognized me, "Sleipnir?" he asked, astonished. His name was Thor.

I flattened my ears and watched him warily, not looking as Cooper darted over to me.

"You know her?" a man asked, I guessed he was the father of Lila and Cooper.

He had his arms crossed as he looked at Thor, who nodded his head.

"Sleipnir is a draft horse, she can transform herself to appear human. She has always been good with children, but there is something you will not like about her,".

I shook my head and neck, sprinkling hay onto the floor.

"And what's that?" the father asked, sounding stiff.

"She is Loki's daughter," the room went silent.

Everyone except Thor and the two children went quiet.

"Lila, Cooper, why don't you go help your mom with Nathaniel,".

Lila and Cooper seemed to sense the tension and ran off.

I shifted my weight from either side, "Sleipnir, reveal yourself," Thor told me as soon as the kids were out of earshot.

I took a step back, further into the corner. I didn't want to feel the pain of my other form, not now.

"She is scared of changing, she is injured," the girl who came with the rest announced.

A silverish haired boy lingered behind her, in a threatening manner.