2

When they finally brought me back to the stable-master, it was after dark, hours after dark.

I was exhausted, the stable-master took his time taking all of the equipment off of me.

I stood still, waiting for him to finish.

When he did, he led me into the barn and into my stable.

"Shift," he commanded as he locked the stall door.

I knew better than to refuse, Odin had given him a spell to force me to shift and the beating would be much worse.

I fell to my knees when I shifted.

I heard his knuckles crack as he drew his arm back for the first swing.
.
.
.
He finally left, I was bruised and bloody all over again, but he left.

I shifted as soon as I heard the barn door close, but it wasn't long until I heard someone walking outside my stall.

It couldn't be the stable-master, the steps were too light and careful.

I shifted my weight uneasily before slowly moving toward my stall door.

A figure unlocked the door before stepping into the dim moonlight, revealing... Father?

My ears perked up and my tail started moving as I rubbed my head against his chest.

"Sleipnir, oh, what have they done to you?" He put his hand on my head and started petting from my forehead to my nose before moving to my mane.

"Come, we must go before they notice I'm gone," Father told me.

I kneeled down so he could easily pull himself onto my back.

"To Heimdall, he waits for us," he muttered into my ear.

I took off in a sprint, running as fast as I could to the Bifrost.

I heard the stable-master's door open, followed by loud curses.

I shrieked in pain as something pierced the stifle of one of my hindlegs.

When I felt the pain disappear, I knew Father had numbed the pain.

He couldn't heal others, but he could create an illusion that the pain wasn't there.

I pushed myself to run faster across the bright colored bridge, coming to a halt as I entered the giant sphere where Heimdall was waiting.

Collected (Avengers Fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें