C H A P T E R 4

As Max drove away from her house, he began to realise that Ebony lived in the middle/high class area of town. It took Max over twenty minutes to get to his home.

As he entered the gated community, he started remembering his day with Ebony, he couldn't believe how much of an effort it took to actually befriend her but he liked a challenge, he was determined to get though to her... One day.

As he drove to the very last house... well mansion, he noticed that all of the lights were on, that probably meant that his father was in a meeting.

Oh shit! he thought.

Max had been so caught up with hanging out with Ebony he forgot that his father had scheduled a meeting.

What Max had failed to mention was that his full name was Maximiliano Morte, hence the big MM on the gates in front of their house. His fathers name, if you hadn't noticed already, was Martino Morte the Don of the Morte D'oro, the most powerful Italian-American Mafia in the World, and Max was next in line to take over.

Max was more focused on the protection of his family, the only reason why they'd moved is because the worst enemies of the Morte D'oro started attacking their main house as soon as he and his friends got back from school.

They weren't strong enough to fight back yet, a lot of their best men were injured when they were attacked. Plus it gave them the opportunity to rebuild and recruit while they were in the UK.

As Max walked through the back door of the garden, he took his shoes off so he wouldn't make any noise and because his mother would kill him if he messed the floor up in anyway. He was almost up the stairs until he heard his dear old dad.

"MAXIMILIANO DON'T YOU DARE TAKE ANOTHER STEP" his father shouted.

I'm going to die that was his initial thought.

He turned on his heel and walked to the boardroom, completely unaware of what was going to happen when he walked in.

His fathers associates sat there staring at Max with disapproving looks, but only a few of them had small smiles on their faces, they were the ones who were open to having me as the next Don, of course it made sense that ones who smiled were a lot younger than the others, the others believed that he was unfit to lead the Morte D'oro.

"Take a seat son, we need to discuss a few things", he willingly sat next to Mr Savillé his dads best friend and partner in crime, literally.

"What do you want to talk about father" he said with a hardness to his voice.

'Who was that girl you were with?" His father asked, the question caught him off guard at first but he couldn't not answer. Martino Morte never asked a question without already knowing the answer. He knew everything.

"Her name is Ebony Winters, she's a friend that I made while at college, I promise, she's cool dad" he said with a smile at the end, his mother looked at him and had a wide smile, Max already knew that she knew that they would eventually talk to each other later to talk about this new friend.

Women weren't permitted to say anything or have an opinion during important meetings or any for that matter, except for Max's mother, plus he knew that his father wouldn't hurt him or her.

"So you like her? Ooh when do I get to meet her?!" And that was why Max loved his mother she was just a tad bit more open than his father, just because she said what was on her mind, a completely free spirit.

"Mom, I've only met her once, and are you forgetting that we're in the mafia, I don't want to scare her off" Max said, his father looked at him, and for a second Max could of sworn he saw a tinge of guilt in his eyes, Mr Morte looked at his wife regretfully.