C H A P T E R 2 4

Months had passed since that moment from inside the treehouse, Ebony and Max continued having their homeschool sessions, due to the extra time they had, they were both able to finish all of their college work, there was no graduation other than a small ceremony that Mrs Morte insisted on. Ebony finally got the cast off of her foot and was fully healed, with the help of many trainers in the house, Ebony had begun basic self defence but was eager to learn more.

In the Morte house, we welcome a new friend.

"MAXI!" Mrs Morte shouted from the bottom of the staircase, "you need to be up and ready to pick up Regina". Max heard his mum shouting but he had been too tired from the night before, he and Ebony had been talking for hours on end, almost like they hadn't talked for years. Getting up and turning his music on, he began to get ready for the day, he spent quite some time in the shower to properly wake himself up. Sunflower started to play and it instantly lifted his mood.

Lookin' at you sideways, party on tilt
Ooh-ooh, some things you just can't refuse
She wanna ride me like a cruise
And I'm not tryna lose
Then you're left in the dust
Unless I stuck by ya
You're a sunflower

Getting out of the shower, he dressed down in a black adidas track suit with a pair of black air force 1 shoes. Ready for the day, he unplugged his music from the speaker and then into his headphones, going downstairs he took his keys from the rack and was heading for the door.

"Hey where do you think you're going yet, you haven't eaten anything?" Mrs Morte said while washing the dishes, that was the thing with Mrs Morte, although there were maids and cleaners all throughout the house, she still chose to clean and keep the house clean, no wonder she's friends with all of them, they love her but are fearful of Mr Morte. Max went behind her and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"I'm going to see Ebony and I think that we're going to get some breakfast somewhere" he said trying to walk out.

"Um Max honey, you do know that it's 2:39pm, would you mind going after you've picked up Regina, she said to find her, you should look for a grey bean?".

"Are you talking about a beanie mom?" Max asked confused.

"Yeah, that's what she said!" She said excitedly.

"And I'm sure she's going to be hungry after her flight from Ohio, so would you mind going to get food after you've picked her up? Mrs Morte asked.

"Anything for you mom, also who is this Regina girl?" Max asked quickly.

"She's the new IT professional you're father recruited, she's very smart and she happens to be your age" she answered back while drying her hands and getting a glass of water.

"Oh okay, well I'm gonna head out, love you".

"Love you too, drive safe, tell Ebony I said hi" but by the time she could finish her sentence Max was already out the door.

Leaving the house he got into his car and drove to Ebony's house, his stomach erupted in butterflies as he got closer and closer to her house, see Ebony and Max had gotten closer... mentally, to the point that even Enzo and Alex had begun to get jealous, but Ebony swiftly put an end to that, she made sure they were included and had their time with Max, all in all, you could say there were all the best of friends.

Arriving at Ebony's he opened the door, with the key that he had been given by Ebony's mum in case of emergencies. Running up to her room, he saw that she was sleeping peacefully, one part of him said to leave her be and to let her sleep until she wakes up, but the other side, the more mischievous one said to jump on her bed until she wakes up; instead, he walked up to the bed and peppered her face with light kisses, after many kisses a small smile appeared on her face.