C H A P T E R 1 4

Max wanted to carry Ebony into the kitchen, but she didn't want to look like a child in front of Mrs Morte so she got Max to get her wheelchair, as Ebony rolled herself into the kitchen she began to feel very small. Mrs Morte was the wife of a mafia, who knows what skills she could have, she may look like she wouldn't harm a fly but she could probably kill someone with a spoon.

"I heard about what happened to you, with the car accident and I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am, I can't imagine how hard it must've been for you all those months" Mrs Morte started, sitting down in the kitchen.

"It's really no big deal, I'm okay now, just need to heal up I guess" Ebony said trying not to draw any attention to herself. Mrs Morte began to notice her discomfort because of it was just the two of them.

"I'm making hot chocolate, would you like some, seeing as though the last time you were here, it wasn't very pleasant" she said trying to ease the tension.

She was right about that

"Are you sure, I wouldn't want to be of any inconvenience" Ebony said looking down at her hands.

"Darling don't worry, you should really try to be more confident in yourself, you're a beautiful girl and you're definitely very smart" she said while pouring the milk in the saucepan and letting it simmer.

"So you and my son... ever since you left that night, Ebony it did something to him, he's changed so much, he's always in his room or out with people we don't know, he smokes weed, his schoolwork is suffering because he didn't go to college, he didn't attend classes, he spent his time either smoking weed or going to the gym... this is the affect of you leaving, and then him not knowing you had the car crash, this is the first time he's come back for what seems like two weeks... he needs you... we need you" she said pleadingly.

"I know you're a trustworthy person, I did a background check and you're clean, we have nothing to worry about, if anything you could join, but I wouldn't allow it" sounding more like her mother too.

"Oh?" Ebony was in shock, what was she supposed to say, thank you?

"Honey you've gone pale, I just want what's best for my son, and you seem to be it, plus I like you so it's even better!" She said while handing Ebony the hot chocolate.

"Thank you, I mean I don't really have friends... so no one other than my mum and the college knew what had happened, and I like your son, he's really lovely" Ebony said while blowing on the hot chocolate.

"I'm so sorry, I hope you know you've always got a home here okay" she said while placing a hand on her heart.

"It's okay, being in the hospital gave me time to think about the whole mafia situation" she turned her body towards Ebony, as to give her full attention. "And I realised I didn't give Max a fair chance and I wasn't letting him talk, plus it's not just something you say you know", she began nodding her head and thinking over what to say.

"I understand, I'm glad you thought it over, I hope you don't see him or any of us, differently, I would love if you stayed around, god knows I need another girl in this house".

Ebony knew that she was seeing a completely different side to what Mrs Morte was seeing, she was seeing Max naturally and without any filters that he may have had around Ebony. Ebony had only seen him as touchy, considerate, sweet and loving, he actually seemed to cares a lot.

"Are you alright dear, you dazed out for a bit" she said while touching Ebony's shoulder.

"I'm okay, I was just thinking about some stuff... stuff as in Max, I really missed him, I was glad when I finally saw him yesterday" she said shyly.

"Well I know he missed you too, let me take you back to his room, I'm sure if you spend more time with him, you'll become best friends" she said while wheeling Ebony back to Max's room.

"You really think so?" Ebony asked feeling genuinely curious.

"Of course honey, I know my son pretty well" with that Ebony believed every word she said.

After wheeling Ebony into her room, Mrs Morte left but before she did, she gave Ebony the warmest hug, god knows she needed it.

Ebony looked around the room but couldn't hear Max, hearing the shower running, she turned her wheelchair to the bathroom and saw that the door was slightly open.

She tilted her hair slightly, and she saw... that was not... that.... ?

She was staring for so long that she didn't realise that her wheelchair was about to fall over, until she fell down.

"Ebony what happened? Are you okay? You look a little flustered too, are you getting sick?" He said while picking her up.

When he finally laid her down on the bed, she realised what he was wearing. Just a towel.

He picked me up and laid me on his bed, "I- um, I was just messing around and fell" she said trying to recover.

Her eyes were glued to his wet body, he had abs that were definitely sculpted by Aphrodite or some type of god, he had slight chest hair as if he'd shaved it days before.

He turned around and made his way to his closet, choosing his pyjamas and a shirt for her seeing as though Ebony was staying with them because her mum was working a double shift.

"Um Max, would you maybe mind helping me put the shirt on?" She said feeling really embarrassed.

"Yeah sure, do you want me to close my eyes or just help?" He said while scratching his neck.

He took off her current shirt, thanking god that she had a sports bra on, but she wanted to take it off.

"Um wait, could you turn around for a minute?", he obliged and she spent close to 5 minutes taking her bra off.

"Are you okay, you sound like you're struggling?" He said just as she'd gotten it off.

"I got it, can you pass the shirt please" he gave her the shirt but turned around once it'd been long enough, he bent down to her level and pulled her hair out of the shirt, while starting into her eyes.

"So beautiful" he whispered while taking a strand of hair away from her face; she wondered why the hold he had on her was so strong.

"Max what are you doing to me?" She said, but didn't realise it was out loud.

He took her by her face and kissed her, his kisses felt so perfect but so wrong.

He took a step back, already missing the warmth of his lips, she tried to bring him back but he backed away again.

"What have I done wrong?" She asked feeling a sense of loss from him not being near.

"Um it's kind of what you have done" he said pointing towards... his... area, which had grown substantially larger from what she'd seen in the bathroom.

"I need to take a shower, again, I'll be back soon" he said giving her a peck on the forehead.

After a few minutes of him being in bathroom, she got comfortable on his bed, by the time he got back she started thinking about her feelings towards Max. She knew that they were very strong and but she had never felt them before, she didn't know how she would tell him and if it would ever work out between them, but she had never been in a relationship so she wouldn't know.

He sat down on the bed after getting dressed and stared at her, making her feel really uncomfortable, but calm in a weird way.

"Ebony we can't avoid this subject any longer, how do you feel about me" he asked, trying to get her to look at him.

It's like he's been reading my mind.

"I know for a fact that I can tell you that I like you, like a lot and I'd like for us to become more than friends, only if you want to, if you don't it's totally cool, I mean not for me bu-"

Stopping mid sentence she kissed him, hoping that it would answer his and her question.