Chapter 11 - The Singer.

Unknown POV.

"What the hell was that?" Cameron screamed at me from the front seat of the car.

"I don't know" I lied, I knew exactly what it was; I had been a witch since I was born and could control my powers almost to perfection. And she also seemed so familiar, but who knew, could just be because she also was a witch.

"What about our instruments?" Michael asked from the back seat.

"and we can't just afford to but others?" Jasper interjected, who sat next to Michael in the back.

"Just let me handle it," I said nonchalantly. I would go back to the building in the morning and use my powers to restore our stuff, possibly the whole building for that matter. I couldn't risk people began to suspect that witches existed. Not again. And if the building was fine the people would most likely blame the alcohol.

The rest of the ride was fairly quiet; we went back to the apartment. We had all been friends since we were around 16-17 so we had decided to rent a home together, as it would also be cheaper when you thought of the fact that we had in Chicago for many years.

Our band was often rented for parties, but this was probably the weirdest party I had ever sung to. We were hired by a werewolf who worked in the human society, and that was strange enough already, but it might have something to do with that witch.

We stopped in front of the apartment and walked in quietly, none of us would probably have a deep conversation tonight, and therefore there was probably no problem with going out in the city that night. I also needed to be recharged; I had not gotten any in a while. So it was about time.

The boys sat down to watch television as soon as we got inside. The TV was probably the only decent thing, beyond our now burned instruments that we had in the apartment. We did not have much time in the home. Typically we were out playing in the streets, or at parties, otherwise, we practiced in the studio.

The apartment was not painted so it had the same monotonous white walls as it had when it was built a few years ago. Our kitchen, living room and dining room were all connected. The only rooms that weren't connected were our private chambers. I had been allowed to choose first when we moved in and had ended up choosing the room that led out to the street and the fire escape. That was a plus so I had the chance to run my little errands.

My room was not anything special, I had a double size bed or rather a mattress that was just lying in the middle of the room, while all my clothes were just floating everywhere. I was fortunate enough that my room had its own bathroom, also one of the reasons I chose the room. The boys, unfortunately, had to share a single bathroom that was connected to the rest of the apartment.

Before I went into my private space, I informed the boys that I would be in my room the rest of the evening, they just said ok almost in unison. But even if it was a lie, I didn't need them to know about my leisure pursuits.

I chose a simple pair of tight fitted dark blue pants and a white shirt that was transparent so you could see my black bra underneath, and put on some short black boots. I was ready to go down to one of the clubs to find a prey.

In my teens, I found out that I had to have intercourse to feel fresh and healthy. So it had just become part of my life by now, though I didn't know why. As the only witch, I hadn't figured it out; it wasn't as if I could just take down to the genealogy library and find some long lost family members. I had been alone as long as I could remember; I had according to the orphanage been left in front of their door about 23 years ago and I had never been adopted for some reason which I am uncertain about. But when I turned 15 I'd had it and ran away from the orphanage, and had never visited the place again.