Chapter 10 - The Goodbye

We arrived a bit late to the party since we had a good time talking together at the restaurant. Darius didn't seem too keen on the whole human get together, but I hadn't seen many of my colleagues for a long time since I had been loan out to a company in Europe, so I was excited.

When we finally arrived Chris was waiting for us at the entrance. "And finally she arrives" he burst out with a smile

"Sorry, I was a lovely man" I babbled and looked at Darius.

"And what am I supposed to be then" Chris bleated again, laughing a little, "Oh well, we have some exciting things on the many tonight, I have personally been in charge of the entertainment."

"Awesome" I cheered; ever since I met Chris and we gradually became closer I knew he had excellent taste in music.

"Yes, but that's about the only thing I was allowed to." Chris snorted for fun.

"I'll go over and get a drink, you want something" Darius broke in as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Surprise me" I proposed.

"I'll be right back" Darius smiled and kissed me on the cheek. Then he went to the bar.

"Your guy seems rather jealous" Chris uttered after some time.

"I just think he feels a little off, with this whole model business," I replied.

"Right... Ummm... anyways, I think it will be a great party, all of the firms is here tonight." Chris put in.

"Yeah, I'm really happy to see most of them again, been some time since I've seen them all," I stated.

Chris and I stood and chattered for a while, the queue at the was apparently longer than expected, but since the party was starting people were most likely eager to get a drink.

"But I can see that the music has arrived, so I'll make my way to the scene and present them," Chris announced after the back door opened, and a couple of people with instruments went in.

I didn't even response before Chris was at the other end of the ballroom.

I stood on the same spot taking in the decorations, balloons in black and white, a big open space in the middle of the room, where people most likely would dance later that evening. A lot of tables at each side of the ballroom and next to the scene a gigantic bar.

The décor was simple and elegant but made an impression that it had taken the time to decide on. The room without the décor was amazing too, new wooden floors, and dark red walls, the scene was made out of black tiles, which shined a bit. And castle like chandeliers that lightened up the room.

I waited there hoping Darius had gotten our drinks and came over to me again, but after a while, I made a decision to just walk to the bar myself. When I noted that the one person I really didn't want to meet tonight, was walking towards me.

Krista Threnz, a Bitch I had worked with a couple of times, she always thought she could steal the light from me, but unlike her, I had come into the model industry because of my model talent and not my talents if you get the hint.

I know for sure that the rumors about her are true since I by accident walked into her and one of the designer while they were getting to know each other, from head to toe, about a year ago.

She believes that models do not make acquaintances with ordinary people as she calls them. She doesn't care for charity work, and worst of all she thinks the world circles around her.

"Look what the cat dragged in" Krista gibed, probably hoping I would respond to her taunting remark.

"At least animals don't try to kill me." I intoned, laughing a bit remembering one of the photo-shoots we had together once. We had to take pictures with these adorable little kittens, and the kitten she had in her arms practically tried to give a free plastic surgery.