Recap?

Just a quick recap of what's happened so far to jog everyone's memories!!

1-My father opened the door only to be shoved out of the way by three guardians dressed in dark green and black uniforms.  "You know the drill."  My father wiped off the ceiling dust that fell on him from hitting the wall and started walking down the hall, the guardians marching close behind.

I quickly flipped over on my mat and pretended to sleep.  I heard a creek in the floor boards behind me as the marching stopped.  I steadied my breath and waited for them to say it.

Azami 15 turning 16

Azami 15 turning 16

2- "Dark hair, in her uniform, around the age of a twelve year old."

A TWELVE YEAR OLD?!

I was about to say something but then remembered they were looking for me.

Smooth...

After awhile of searching 'carefully,' the two men left leaving only Haru and I in the room.  Of course I was still in the pile of clean but soaking wet clothes.

He walked over to me and kneeled on the ground in front of the pile.  "Azami?   Are you even awake?"

Am I even awake? What is he talking about it's only been an hour...

He sighed and before I could say anything he spoke softly, "I don't know what I would've done if they took you away like Hama."  I stay there staring at him through the cracks as he spoke.  With both of us holding back tears he spoke, "I don't know why you'd ever want to start working...especially with laws becoming stricter"

especially with laws becoming stricter"

Haru 18

3-  He chuckled lightly, "ya got me Zami, I just love being your bad boy." He winked at me, then began looking for supplies again.

'Your bad boy.'

I daydreamed bout him and I escaping the country together until he popped in front of me.  He looked me up and down, "well?"

"Well what?" 

He stared at me until I answered.

Sometimes this kid really annoyed me.  Especially when he stares at me with his hair a mess like he just got home from work...or like he's too tired to do it anymore.