Chapter 17

Later that they two were walking as Shadow was behind Leo. He would look a little behind himself as she would just keep her face down making it hard to see her face.
    He wanted to stay something to comfort her but he didn't know what words to say. She could have gotten raped with those men and then there is Lee.
    Leo placed a hand on the back of his head as he stopped to turn to look at her but to turn and saw her not there as she has fallen a few feet away. Leo ran to her letting his bag down by hers and picked her up as he felt her having a really high fever. " Shadow... Come one open your eyes..."
     She slowly opened her eyes as he could tell that she has got sick from his blood so he got her up in his arms fast. " We need to find you a cold river... So hang on okay!"
     She didn't answer but just closed her eyes as Leo grabbed their bags running down the way they were going holding her close to his plastron. Luckily Leo saw a river and ran straight to it getting their bags to the ground and placed her down getting her undressed fast as he too took his jacket and hat off as he got her in the ice cold water as he shivers but looked at her getting her whole body in the water.
    Only her head and her front neck were not covered as Leo still shivered saying getting her face to his neck. " don't turn Shadow! Please don't turn!"
    He would sit there in the cold water as he still could feel her hot body not changing even in the water with her eyes still closed and cheeks turning red. Leo didn't know what to do as he started to fear that the blood infected her as she was already turning like the dead ones.
    So he kept her face again to his neck holding her close. ' If she turns then I will have to... I don't want to! I can't...'
    " Then I will," Lee said as Leo opened his eyes and ground his teeth. ' No you won't! You can't Lee she -'
    " she will be dead Leo... If you can't finish her then I will! I always did because your so fucking weak to fight for yourself so just get over it... She chose to kiss you with your blood in your mouth... But hey but know we now our blood can turn the living into the dead." Leo shivered from the fear of not able to do anything as he never asked Shadow what to do if she ever did turn.
    Would Shadow want to live and kill others or be tied up to the living or to die? Leo didn't know as he got tears falling as he remembered last night so he then said crying. " Shadow, please... Wake up... Please..."
     Then a noise was being heard as Leo shook in horror hearing the noise a zombie would as Shadow moved her head a little as if getting to his shoulder. " Leo let me do it!"
     Leo closed his eyes hard and cried saying to her. " I love you Shadow..."
      Then he felt the bite as if getting bit as he grunted over the bad bite to the pain like it did when a lot of zombies are around him. But he opened his tearing eyes as he felt this bite was very genital that there was no pain so he pulled her away and saw her open her ice blue eyes while she smiled and chuckled in a weak way as Leo's cheeks got red as she said. " I got... You haha... Uh! -"
    He pulled her tightly to him as he cried making her surprised. " I thought you turn because of my blood! How can you make a joke like that to me!"
      She got a hand to his face and whipped away his tears as that got him to look at her as Shadow saw how scared he was. So she creased his cheek and put on a small smile. " I'm sorry... Just wanted you to laugh..."
    Leo let out a breath and put on a very small smiled and made a slight laugh as he got her to him yet again. " I thought I lost you..."
      She hugged back as Lee was then grunting. " What the hell... We think she is dying and she pretends to be a zombie as I could have instantly killed her but you all cry like a baby and tell her that you love her. "
     Leo opened his eyes and blushed remembering he did tell her that as he felt his heartbeat then go heavy and slow. He got a hand in her wet hair and kissed her head as he closed his eyes and told her again. " I love you Shadow..."
    She smiled and said to him as she got him to look at each other and then kissed. " I love you too Leonardo."