war ; seo changbin

Magsimula sa umpisa

The enemy was closing in, and she knew that there were two options left—get captured by the rival gang and be used as a toy to be turned against SK, or die.

Changbin knew the options too, but chose to he refuse the circumstances of their situation.

"C-Changbin...kill me."

Upon hearing her words, his eyes widened.

"What?! Are you hearing yourself, or are you plain stupid?! Why would I do that?!" he yelled.

(Y/N) cringed at his voice, quickly yelping when pain shot through her cut abdomen.

"It's too late for me...you can still run. Take the information back to the group...leave me so you can ensure the safety of our team..."

"No!" Changbin shook his head, now kneeling down beside her with tears pooling in his eyes. "I can't leave you! I won't leave you!"

"I'm not asking you...to leave me. I'm asking you to kill me, Bin—" she paused to cough up blood, which only increased his worries, "—so you can send back the information to our team—"

"Fuck the information! Why are you asking me to do something so hard?!" he yelled.

Tears spilled from his eyes and he looked down at her, his hot tears falling on her dirty cheeks. "I love you too much...you'd be the last person I'd be able to kill..."

(Y/N) softened as she reached up to touch his cheek, "You're capable of escaping, Changbin. You can save them. That criminal will be killed and the eyes will be returned to their owners...if not, donated. More people will be saved and—"

"But it won't save you!"

She smiled up at her lover, her eyes staring into his lovingly. "I'm willing to make that sacrifice, Changbin. I love you, I love the other members, and as much as I hate to leave I want you to go on and live your lives after this."

He shook his head. She sighed.

"Changbin, you can't choose me over them."

"Yes I can! And I will!" he said stubbornly.

"Seo Changbin! Are you even hearing yourself?! You can't possibly sacrifice the lives of our friends! Our family! What about Chan, Jisung, Minho, Woojin, Jeongin, Seungmin, Hyunjin, Felix! Our comrades, they need you! Please listen to me, and just leave me here to die."

Changbin was left speechless. All he could do was to hope that someone would come and take the information in their place, so he could initiate the plan he had formulated inside his head.

And, as if his small prayer was heard, Minho emerged from the trees, covered in cuts. He was dragging his left foot behind him, and Changbin suspected that his hyung had his foot injured.

"Hyung! Thank goodness you're here. I need you to do everything I say and deliver this back to the camp, please. This'll be the last time I'll ask a favor from you." Changbin spoke fast, but Minho was able to catch on his words.

"What is it?" the older boy said, clearly out of breath.

He proceeded to tell him how to defeat the enemy, along with the other essential information they had obtained back at the enemy's hideouts.

"Lastly...I want you to kill me and (Y/N)."

Minho's eyes widened at what he had said. He looked like he was ready to give him a long sermon like noonas do, but Changbin held up a hand, stopping him from speaking.

"Please. We need you."

He looked at the younger one's eyes and he saw a look he was familiar. It was a look of determination, but also love and gratefulness. Minho looked over his shoulder and saw (Y/N) laying on the ground with her eyes closed, still breathing.

"Alright," he said with a painful smile, "same time." he pulled out two pocket knives and Changbin smiled, laying down on the ground beside his love.

With a thankful smile, Changbin peered at his hyung's face, and a tear fell to his right cheek. Minho was crying.

"Thanks Changbin. For being a brother. I'll never forget you." he looked at (Y/N), "I know you can still hear me, so thank you for being the best dongsaeng and noona in my life. I'll never forget you." he repeated, and held up the knives.

Minho brought the knives down.

◾◾◾◾◾

Celebrations were in order, but also great mourning. Despite victory, much was still lost.

A few days later, the war ended, thanks to the information Minho had successfully delivered to the team.

SK led the remaining members of their army to the secret hideout of the enemy, and they were heavily outnumbered. Through Chan's leadership, the rival gang was defeated, the leader was killed, the evacuees under SK's cube survived, and South Korea's future is sealed.

Though there was much to do, eight males stood by a grave, long after the funeral took place. The gravestones adorned with colorful , happy flowers, but their faces were devoid of any joyful emotion.

Chan and Woojin both lost a leg, Seungmin had his arm in a cast, Jisung had bandages wrapped around his head, Minho's midsection was covered in bandages as well, Hyunjin had a broken foot, Jeongin had several of his bones dislocated, and Felix's right eye was blinded.

But each of them ignored the physical pain they felt as they stared blankly at the grave in front of them, their minds wandering off somewhere else.

It then started raining, as if the skies are crying with them. No one brought an umbrella, and no one cared.

Felix was the one who cried the most, because he lost two important people in his life. He lost his hyung, and he lost his older sister—the two people who had helped him at his worst.

Seo Changbin and (Y/N) (L/N) died heroes.

◾◾◾◾◾

Vote, comment, share!

- pealix_lee 💖