I'd been alone. Bare. Vulnerable. I'd felt self conscious for the first time in my life, and I'd had no idea what to do with that feeling. When a girl had sat in her assigned seat to my left, I'd tried to act like I didn't feel spotlit at all and turned to her when her parents left.

"Hello," I'd said, smiling my biggest smile. "I'm Aerin. What's your name?"

Eyes on the wiring and my heart machine, she'd said, "I didn't know robots could talk."

And the world around me had fallen away.

Just like it had fallen away a few moments ago.

I was going through that terrible feeling again, only this time, there was anger behind it.

I was livid... beyond livid.

Actually, fuck the description of being livid, I was literally borderline psychotic with fury.

"I'm going to kill him," I hissed through my grinding fangs, breathing in and out with my fists clenched and my face warped with the purest of wrath. "I'm going to shove my hand right up his muscled body-builder ass and rip out all of his fucking intestines, consequences be damned!"

"Jeez, c-calm down, I'm sure it was an accident," Kyle said a little nervously from where he stood a good few feet away; his hands were raised placatingly, but his face was tight. "There had to have been some sort of misunderstanding--"

"Misunderstanding?! Almost all of my clothes are shredded!" I screamed at him, whipping around and burning holes into his face; red spots covered my vision, blinding me as I angrily roared, "not including the fact my phone is cracked, two of my consoles are damaged, there's a long scratch on one of my disks, and my photo albums are MISSING! WHERE ARE THEY?!"

Okay, yeah, I was pissed, but this little outburst would make more sense if I explained it.

You see, after I'd unpacked my game consoles, I'd noticed several chips and scratches on them, which would have been fine if I hadn't opened the suitcases holding my clothes and discovered that they had literally been ripped up and destroyed by someone with big, sharp claws. 

After that, I'd found out that some of my game disks had been mistreated, and my phone had literally been thrown or something since there was a chip in the case and the camera lens was just as busted as the screen, which had a nasty spiderweb of cracks. 

Worst of all, my photo albums and laptop weren't even inside the suitcases.

Meaning, someone had taken them.

As I've said before, I'm a territorial man and I'm very possessive of my things, but my photo albums went far beyond that. They weren't my possessions, they were my memories... the only things I had left of my family and all the things I'd given up but wanted to remember.  

My fists shook as I glared the redhead down.

"I-I don't know," Kyle said, taking a deep breath and finally lowering his arms, "and I don't know how it happened, but I'll find out. I promise."

"What good will that do me?" I asked, closing my eyes and breathing through my nose. "Some of this stuff is over fifty years old and most of it is literally irreplaceable! Now, I have no clothes, and no laptop to order new clothes online since someone took it, but let's be real, that wouldn't even matter since I don't even know where the fuck in North Carolina I really am! UGH!"

I sat down on the bed and buried my face in my hands. I tried to calm down, but I was mad, so mad, and it wasn't fair. It was like they were trying to strip me of everything I cared about.