39. Screams (Part 7)

'How late does the open mic night start?' I ask as I put my book away for a moment.  'Around 9, maybe we can get something to eat before ?' Audrey suggests and I nod.  'Sure, what time is it now ?' I mumble to myself and look at my phone. 'Damn, it's already 6 in the evening.' I mumble and Audrey nods. 'Yep, you have been studying for 3 hours now.' She comments and I groan. 'Time to stop for today.' I say and take my phone and go through social media. 'I'm going to shower real quick.' Audrey says, getting up from her bed and taking her stuff before walking out of the room.

Not long after Audrey left the room, there's a knock on the door and I look who it is. The girl Audrey went on a 'date' with earlier this week. I open the door and she smiles, looking past me to see if Audrey is in the room. 'She just went to take a shower.' I smile as I notice her looking and she nods. 'Oh, I wanted to ask if she wanted to go to the open mic night with me, could you ask her ?' She asks and I almost chuckle out loud. I just smile and nod before the girl walks away. I close the door and laugh to myself, waiting for Audrey to return.

'I'm back.' Audrey says, walking back into the room and I look at her. 'You never believed who came by a few minutes ago.' I say and her eyes widen. 'Was it the girl from my class asking me to the open mic night ?' She asks and I nod. 'Yep.' I say, popping the 'p' and she groans. 'I have been ignoring her texts for the whole week' She mumbles, putting her stuff down and I chuckle. 'I told her I would ask you so you'd have to respond to her.'  I say and Audrey rolls her eyes. 'Not fair.' She says and I shrug. 'Why not, just tell her you're already going with a friend.' I say and she shakes her head.

'Alright, we're meeting her at the cafe, amazing.' Audrey sarcastically remarks and I chuckle. 'She can't be that bad.' I say and Audrey chuckles. 'You have no idea.' She says and I shrug. 'Ready to go though ? I am starving.' Audrey says and I look at the time. Half past 7. 'Yes I have been ready for an hour now.' I say and she rolls her eyes.

'Hey Audrey, great to see you.' The girl says as we walk into the cafe and Audrey plasters a huge fake smile on her face. This is too amusing. 'Oh, I didn't know you were coming along.' The girl says, looking at me and I smile widely. 'Is that a problem ?' I ask and she shakes her head, not looking at me. 'So, are you guys and item ?' She asks, looking at me and Audrey and Audrey quickly nods. 'Yes, she's my girlfriend.' She says, pulling me close to her. Wait what ? No we're not. Not that I'm complaining. But still, weird. 'Oh..' The girl says, quickly walking back to her group of friends and Audrey and I sit at a table next to them. 'What  was that ?' I whisper and Audrey awkwardly smiles. 'Sorry I panicked, and I just want her to leave me alone.' She says and I chuckle and shake my head.  'You are crazy.' I mumble and Audrey just shrugs.

'Here's your hot coco.' Audrey says, handing me the mug and I smile. 'Thank you very much.' I say and she smiles. The girl from Audrey's class has been looking at us the whole time, which is making me a bit uncomfortable. 'I don't think she believes it.' I mumble softly to Audrey and she shrugs. 'Why wouldn't she ?' She asks, suddenly taking my hands in hers and I feel my cheeks heat up a bit. 'I mean, it's not like we don't look like we're a couple.' She says, lifting her hand up to my cheek, stroking it lightly. Fuck, she's good. It makes me a bit shy and I quickly look somewhere else. 'Seriously, that is making you shy ?' Audrey asks and my eyes widen. 'Yes, I feel someone looking at me the whole fucking time.' I say and Audrey turns around to face the girl from her class. She was staring at us and quickly looks away when she sees Audrey looking. 'I feel kind of bad for her.' I mumble and Audrey sighs.  'Why ?' She asks and I shrug. 'She really likes you.' I say and she shrugs. 'Well, unfortunately I don't like her like that.' Audrey mumbles and I nod.

'That was so fun, we have to do this more often.' I say and Audrey nods, pulling me close to her again. 'See you in class.' Audrey says to the girl as she leaves with her group and she just awkwardly smiles. We get into Audrey's car and she turns on the radio. She sings along softly on the way back to the dorm, which seems longer than normal. 'You missed the turn.' I say as Audrey drives into the wrong street. 'I know..'

~A/N, Another chaptteeerrr :):):):):) I think that the next chapter will be the last part of the imagine, so be readyyyyy :):):) Also, please suggest something !!! Love you lots <3