26. Transformer (Part 2)

Since @Jen5123 suggested for me to write a part 2, I will gladly do it :)

'We should hang out sometime.' Audrey says, sitting in her car while I'm leaning in her window. 'Hell yes we do, maybe this Saturday ?' I ask and she shakes her head. 'I'm going to the beach with friends.' She says and I nod. 'I love the beach, haven't been there in ages.' I say and Audrey smiles. 'Want to come along ?' Audrey asks and I smile. 'I mean, if you don't mind...' I mumble and she sighs. 'Sure, I'm asking you to come along when I actually don't want you to.' She says with a sarcastic tone and I chuckle. 'I'll pick you op at 2, alright ?' She asks and I smile and nod. 'See you then.' I say, stepping away from her and she drives off. 

'She seems very nice.' My mom says, sitting at the kitchen table as I come in and I nod. 'She is very nice, and very smart.' I say and my mom nods. 'You like her, don't you ?' She asks and my eyes widen. I never really told my mom that I'm into girls, not because I'm scared, but I Always thought it wouldn't matter to her. 'I-I mean, she's nice, but not that I like her in that way. You know with love and stuff I'm not int- ' '- Y/N stop it, I know you're lying.' She says and I sigh and sit down across from her. 'Alright alright, maybe I do like her and she asked me to come to the beach with her and her friends.' I blurt out and my mom smiles and nods. 'Sure, as long as you behave and don't fool around till late in the night.' My mom says and I raise my eyebrow. 'No questions ?' I ask and my mom shakes her head. 'Nope, as long as you're happy I'm happy.' She says and I smile. 'Thanks mom.' I say, standing up and hugging her before I run upstairs. 

'Hi Will, I need your help.' I say as soon as Will picks up and he sighs. 'Is it Audrey, again ?' He asks and I sigh. 'Ofcourse it is.' I mumble and he chuckles. 'Alright, what's up.' He says and I tell him everything about today and about her asking me to come along to the beach. 'And I know it sounds stupid, but should I wear shorts ?' I ask at the end of my story. 'I mean, the only thing you were scared of is Audrey not liking because of your leg. ' Will comment and I sigh. 'True, but I don't know if I'm comfortable wearing shorts. ' I mumble and Will chuckles. 'I get it Y/N, I really do. So if you're not comfortable with it, don't do it. But remember, nobody will Judge you.' And with that I smile. 'Thanks Will. '' No problem Y/N.' An with that, the call ends.

~Saturday~

I look at my reflection in the mirror. I'm wearing the shorts. Believe it or not I'm doing this. My leg, or prosthetic leg, is showing in it's full glory. I'm taking a long skirt with me, just in case I get really uncomfortable. 'Alright, let's do this.' I mumble to myself and walk downstairs. 'Looking gorgeous.' My mom says as I walk into the kithchen. 'Thanks.' I say with an awkward smile and she nods. 'You sure you will be fine ?' My mom asks and I smile and nod. 'I will be just fine.' I say as I see Audrey's car pulling up in front of my house and I sigh. 'I will see you tonight, love you.' I say, kissing my mom on her cheek before rushing out. Audrey smiles as she sees me and I quickly get in her car. 'Excited for a nice day on the beach ?' She asks and I nod with a big smile.

'Guys, I'm sure you've met already, but this is Y/N. ' Audrey says as we reach her group of friends, all laying down on a big blanket in the burning sun. 'Hi.' I mumble shyly, looking if someone is noticing my leg, but nobody seems to notice or even care. 'Hi Y/N. ' Everyone cheers and I smile. 'Since you 2 finally decided to join, let's play some beach volleyball !' Will cheers and everyone cheers along again and jump up. They hurry to the already hanging net, and I slowly stumble after them. 'Hey, you doing okay ?' Audrey asks, seeing me struggle a bit and I nod. 'Yes, it's just a bit difficult in the sand. ' I say and she nods and smiles.

After several rounds, we decided to stop, and get some cooling off. 'You guys go ahead, we will be right there.' Audrey says when everyone hurries into the water and I sit down on the big blanket. 'Does taking it off hurt ?' Audrey asks and I shake my head. 'No, not at all. In the beginning it ached a lot because I wasn't used to walking on metal, but it's fine now.' I say and after several minutes, the prosthetic is off. 'Little problem, this thing is damn expensive, and I don't like leaving it here all alone..' I mumble and Audrey nods. 'No problem, in a few seconds, Brooke will come running back because her hair got wet.' And just when she said that, a annoyed Brooke came walking back. 'Hey Brooke, could you maybe like, watch my leg while me and Audrey get into the water ?' I ask and Brooke looks at me. 'Ofcourse, you guys go have fun, I will watch your leg.' She says with a genuine smile, which makes me smile too. 'Could you help me up ?' I ask, looking at Audrey and she nods. 

'Audrey, can I ask you something ?' I ask Audrey as we stand to our mids in the water. 'Ofcourse, what's wrong ?' She asks and I shake my head. 'Nothing wrong, but, did you tell them to not look at my leg or not make any comments ?' I ask and Audrey shakes her head. 'I did not.' She says and I sigh. 'Then, why didn't they comment on it, or look at it ?' I ask and Audrey shrugs. 'Don't know, they probably don't mind. ' She says and I sigh and nod. 'Do you mind ?' I ask and Audrey turns her body, so she's directly in front of me. 'You know what Y/N, I wouldn't care if you were fully paralyzed, I wouldn't care if half of your body is missing, I don't care. I like you for who you are, your personality, that's what matters. 'She says and I smile and look down. The water is just clear enough to see my little stump, all that's left from my leg. 'So, you don't thinks my little stump is ugly ?' I ask and she chuckles. 'Why would I ? It's quite cute.' She says and I chuckle. Without thinking, I swing my arms around Audrey and hug her close. Hugging her so close, like I never want to let her go. Which, I don't... 

~A/N, Part 2, yayy. @Jen5123 thanks for suggesting the second part of it. At first I didn't know what to write for the second part, but I came up with this idea soooo :):):) All the love <3