Chapter 13

“All set?” Ryan inquired as he inspected everyone, making sure Jennie drew enough supplies.

They all just nodded in response, eager to finally put an end to the unknown stranger who had instilled so much fear into society.

After a few minutes, they started marching into Ryan’s room. Ryan had a list of statements to write on his desk, which had a blank, crisp notebook next to it. There were pens and pencils laid out, ready for Ryan to use them.

As Ryan wrote down each statement, they started to take effect within seconds. Soon the most important statement was written.

Take Jennie, Kris, Lisa, Rocky, Rose and I to the murderer who kidnapped us, but outside his house.

“Why you gotta be so cringey?” Rocky asked as he chuckled.

“I have to specify a lot, or else we won’t get the results we want,” Ryan answered as Rocky just nodded his head.

A few seconds went by and they all felt themselves being transported somewhere. When the sensation was over, they found themselves in front of a merlot red house.

“Are you sure we’re at the right house? This looks pretty normal to me,” Jennie commented as she put her hand on her hip.

Ryan just nodded his head as they all walked towards the house. They wore their masks, and rang the doorbell, but got nothing, so they decided to go to through the back.

To their surprise, the back door was unlocked, so they entered. Ryan made hand motions, which no one understood, causing him to write down the plan.

As they all followed the plan, which was to hide and go unnoticed by anyone in the house, they heard a faint sound of a click coming from the front door. As they all rushed to find a hiding spot, the door was slammed open as a sigh of satisfaction was heard.

“What to do next?” the voice rasped out, causing Rose’s eyes to widen in shock.

The heavy footsteps came closer and closer towards the closet which Jennie was hiding in.

“Dang it! I knew I shouldn’t have gone in here! Ugh, nevermind! I gotta look for a hiding spot in here!” Jennie thought as she frantically searched for a hiding spot in the closet.

The closest place to a ‘hiding spot’ was a basket full of clothes, which Jennie dove into.

When she heard the closet door open, Jennie tried to stay as still as a statue, which was deemed to be pretty difficult for her due to her endless amount of energy. All her thoughts were forgotten as she heard words that sent chills up her spine.

“Well look what we got here?” Mark stated in a mocking way as he stepped deeper into the closet, and to Jennie’s surprise, he grabbed something on the shelf. “If it isn’t Rose Maxi, my ex-lover. I was stupid, falling for her like that. Maybe that Ryan guy had a point in his notes, maybe I am an idiot.”

Soon whimpers were heard throughout the house, which were immediately drowned out by the heavy footsteps coming from the stairs.

“Hey! Dude! Get yourself together, what happened?” a man and a girl bombarded Mark with questions.

Mark just broke down even more, speaking incoherent words. The trio just sat down on their couch and tried to stay strong, on the other hand, the sextet were all in shock, but for different reasons.

All of them except Lisa and Rose, were shocked due to the revelation of Rose’s past relationship with the murderer. Lisa was shocked knowing that Rose’s ex was a murderer, and Rose was shocked knowing how much the relationship meant to him.

Being the clumsy person he is, Ryan knocked over an item, causing the trio to look over at his direction. The sextet knew that they were screwed, and that Ryan was the one to screw up this time.

As they all found hiding useless, they all came out, accepting the fact that they could only fight now.

“Oh my god! I didn’t know we had intruders!” the woman yelled out as she backed away. “Markie, do something!”

As the men were ready to fight, the anonymous blond man stopped in his tracks, his mouth agape, and he spoke, “K-Kris? Is-is that you?!”

Kris looked at the blonde man in confusion, wondering how the heck he knew his name.

“Do I know you? And how do you know my name?” Kris asked as he stepped closer, causing the rest of his friends to worry.

“It’s me, Jackson, your brother,” Jackson replied as he ran into a hug. “I missed you l-like crazy!”

Soon they were in tears, on the dull carpet, as everyone just stared, confused. For a moment, they all forgot about their real intentions, as they enjoyed the brotherly love.

“Markie, why are they here? And why is Jackson and that stranger crying together?” Mark’s sister asked as she hugged Mark.

After these words were spoken, everyone but Jackson and Kris stood up, ready to fight. As they all took their positions, Mark pushed his sister towards the stairs, wanting her to be as safe as possible.

“Grace, stay here, ok? Markie’s gonna have to do something important, ok?” Mark explained to his younger sister, who was pouting.

‘But I don’t wanna,” Grace whimpered out as she walked back downstairs. “And don’t treat me like a baby, I’m already 14!”

Mark just shook his head, and headed outside instead, “Let’s confront each other outside instead, hmm? Grace won’t stay upstairs.”

The group of friends just followed him out, aware of him being their kidnapper and a murderer. As they observed their surroundings, to see all the perks it could have, Mark walked closer to the group which was now a septet due to Jackson following his brother.

Mark was also aware of the fact that he couldn’t use his ability against them. He knew they were immune, except for Rose, but she was able to block it off, so it wouldn’t matter. He realized that they would be able to rely on fighting and their abilities, but he couldn’t.

As the minutes involving blows and kicks went by, he realized his body couldn't keep on going. Even if he tried, he knew he would fall, so he surrendered.

“I deserve this. I do.”