Chapter 1

“4 more dead bodies with earbuds were found behind the courthouse. This has been going on for 3 years, but the murderer hasn’t been found. Are we going to have to fear an unknown murderer for years to come, or will they ever be—” The TV reporter stated as Ryan turned the TV off.

“You guys heard it! People are starting to question their safety, which is up to us to make sure that murderer is gone!” Ryan preached as the rest of the group groaned.

“C’mon Ryan! Can’t we rest for a day?” Jennie protested while drinking her smoothie.

“Give me one good reason why we should rest, Jennie,” Ryan groaned while he stared at Jennie with pure frustration.

“Uh, I don’t feel like working today,” Jennie nonchalantly replied while yawning.

The other four groaned in their seats a second time, while grumbling something under their breaths.

“I swear, Jennie! You’re such an idiot! We could’ve had a damn break!” Rocky fumed as he slammed his chair at the wall.

“Hey, Rocky, calm down okay? Also, please don’t speak to Jennie like that,” Kris calmly scolded while standing up.

“You know what?! I give up! I hate this! I hate you all! All we do is try to find out who this killer is, but we aren’t progressing! I’m now stuck here with you guys, but we don’t hang out like we used to! All we do is work, work, work, and I’m tired of it!” Rocky complained as he slammed his fists on the table.

The group stared at him with understanding, but Jennie spoke her mind.

“Do you really think you’re the only one? We all get tired, but we keep on going because if we don’t solve this, people’s lives will be at stake! Our jobs are being detectives who help people! If we back down now, we’ll never find the murderer! And if you’re suffering, well think about Ryan! He’s our leader and he has to be in charge of this! We have to work together if we want to make any progression!” Jennie thundered as Rocky glared at her.

“You know what? I’m going to take a walk, see if I can come back to actual friends,” Rocky calmly stated as he took his black jacket and walked out.

“Ugh, he’s so complicated,” Lisa mumbled under her breath as she put on her blood red earbuds.