Chapter 11

The next morning, everyone was peacefully eating breakfast.

Well, everyone except Ryan, who was still locked up in his room, leaving everyone guessing that he was sleeping.

Rocky and Kris were on good terms again, due to the fact that Lisa changed how they remembered yesterday. Instead of remembering a fight, they remembered a vague memory of watching a movie together.

As they all chatted happily, the sound of Ryan’s door being open was heard, with heavy footsteps heard soon after.

As he stepped in the room, everyone looked up to find Ryan with the same dark baggy jeans and oversized black sweater from the night before. As they inspected his clothes, they look up at his face which showed his dark eye bags underneath his dark eyes.

“Hey~” Jennie stated awkwardly as she tried her best as to not stare at Ryan for too long.

As a response Ryan just grunted, grabbed Lisa by the wrist and headed towards the kitchen.

Lisa just followed wondering what was wrong, secretly hoping that she would get an answer for Ryan’s appearance.

“I need your help,” Ryan emitted as he closed his eyes out of tiredness, “Truth is, I was awake the whole night, trying to figure out some sort of connection between Kris’ brother’s disappearance and the case, but when I used up all the information that Kris told me about him, I realized it was morning already. Now I’m tired and grumpy.”

All Lisa did was nod her head in understandment, knowing that he wanted to work with her and was in need of her help.

She turned around, heading back into the living room and grabbed her plate, which was now empty thanks to Jennie stealing her food.

As she placed the plate in the dishwasher, she strolled to her room.

As she slid her closet door open she picked out a black pair of jeans and a black ruffled top. She skipped over to her navy blue fluffy bed and grabbed her black laptop, which was covered in dark gems thanks to Jennie.

As soon as she made sure to grab everything she needed, she locked her navy blue door. She knocked on the Ryan’s black door, to which Ryan responded by telling her to meet him at the meeting room.

As Lisa sped to the meeting room, she found the meeting room door unlocked. She peered inside trying to figure out who left it unlocked. She looked down and found a neon green note on the long table, which was made to fit seven people, but they only used six seats.

The evidence is in my safe, which you know the code to already. I’ll be there soon~

                                    Sincerely, Ryan

Lisa beamed at Ryan’s note, which she thought was dorky, but dorky or not, she still followed the directions given to her.

As she input the code she heard a door shut, which she instinctively looked over to, only to find a tired, beaming Ryan standing by the doorway.

“I see what you’ve been doing last night. And I’m surprised to know these things about his brother, but how did you know this?” Lisa wondered as she looked through the black notebooks.

Ryan just scratched his neck as he spoke, “Well, Kris told me, and yesterday during the fight, Rocky brought up Kris’ brother, so yeah. I’ve been trying to connect these two things, because-”

“Because your guts tell you to?” Lisa interrupted as she sat down in her seat which was next to Ryan’s, whose chair was at the front facing every seat.

“Pfft, no. You know how much I trust my head. I would never trust my gut,” Ryan spat out as he sat down in his chair. “I did it because my head told me to.”

Lisa just sighed out as she read the papers fully, making sure not to leave a single word unread. As soon as she finished she slammed the paper down out of excitement, already having a bright light bulb.

“That’s it! Ryan, tell me anything and everything that the stranger did, said or behaved!” Lisa exclaimed as she started to write things in her black and white striped notebook.

As hours went by, Lisa was already on her sixth page, which was full of data they collected. Soon, they were done and both of them grinned in satisfaction.

Lisa peered at the windows and realized how late it was. She pulled out her navy blue phone, and switched it on.

“Man, we worked hard! Look,” Lisa exclaimed as she shoved her phone into Ryan’s face.

“Yeah, you’re right! It’s one in the morning!” Ryan whispered enthusiastically, making sure to not be too loud.

Lisa debated whether or not they should work more on the problem at hand. Soon one side won and so she stayed with Ryan for the rest the night, giving Ryan occasional breaks.