Prologue

Three years ago, instead of heading to the party like everyone else, Mark was left in his room by his roommate, Kai, who knew he wouldn’t go. Kai knew that Mark was always in the dorm with the exception of classes and necessities, so he thought that there wasn’t any reason to waste time on him.

“Ok, Mark, you know, the food’s in the fridge and if you need me, well, sucks to be you!” Kai explained to Mark while grabbing his jacket and wallet.

“Yeah, yeah. As if I’ll need your help. You can’t even come back home after a party without being dropped off by someone else because you were too drunk,” Mark replied without looking away from the screen where the song files were all displayed.

“Ok, shut it, Mark, because I’m the reason why you don’t have to wash your clothes!” Kai shouted with frustration lacing his voice.

“Y’know, I think I hear your ride downstairs, so leave,” Mark replied with a monotone voice while clicks could be heard throughout the room.

“Oh man! You’re right!” Kai exclaimed as he raced outside, leaving Mark alone.

A few minutes past by and Mark finally completed the song he was making, when he heard someone knocking at the door.

“Uh, what are you doing here?” Mark inquired the raven-haired male, whose name was Jack.

“Where’s Kai?” Jack asked while looking past Mark into the small dorm.

“Party,”Mark replied with no interest in the conversation.

“Oh. Well, what were you doing?” Jack asked while peeking at Mark’s screen.

At the mention of interest towards his music, Mark instantly beamed while explaining,”Well, I just finished making a song. Wanna hear it?”

“Sure!” Jack exclaimed, shocked by the sudden enthusiasm the male showed.

As Jack looked around, Mark was plugging in the blood red earbuds and preparing the files.

“All done!” Mark ecstatically announced while beaming at Jack.

“Okay, thank you,” Jack replied while placing the earbuds in his ears.

Mark pressed play on the screen, and the notes started to play in Jack’s ears. As more seconds went by, the dizzier Jack felt. After 20 seconds in the song, Jack fell to the hard, cold ground.

Mark was confused by Jack’s reaction, but he didn’t panic as he felt no pulse. He then realized what had caused Jack’s lack of pulse, and oddly, he felt satisfied.

Here's the Prologue!

I hope you enjoyed it!