Chapter 46

Josie's POV

After my encounter with Mark I went back to working, I chatted with Zak for a while but my mind was truly distracted. Partially by Mark, his coming to my work as well as the flowers and how Brandon just gets me all hot and flustered and walks away like he was just looking for a book.

When Mark came in he actually really frightened me and I'm sure he was drunk he was acting so irrational. If I'm honest when Brandon came out of his office I felt a sense of security. I know we have history but he just has a way to make me feel comfortable and protected, and that kiss was delectable. I mean I seriously can't complain I mean any girl in this office or in general would want to be kissed by him and after what happened between us in the past I just wanted to move on from the heart break. I thought I had but my heart proved me wrong. I guess just seeing him after so long was like a shock but kind of refreshing as well, he looked more grown up, was more mature and his focus on business was really attractive. His voice is so silky I just want to drift off in a dream when I hear it but my mind keeps reminding me that I need to keep my distance.

He's just going to break my heart again.

He's a heartless, cold billionaire playboy who gets whatever he wants.

I've thought about Mark and how he told me about wanting a family but I can't forgive him for raping me. I'm nervous to go to court about apparently Brandon is coming with me without my permission.

I'm going to speak for myself though he can't interfere on that, Mark needs payback but so does Brandon. What have I been thinking? I got engaged to a guy I barely knew because I thought he could be my soul mate and he turns out to just want to get into my pants, lovely men.

"Josie?" Zak snaps his fingers in front of my face.

"What?" I ask looking at him.

"I was asking if you wanted to get Starbucks but you looked like you were day dreaming." He smirks.

"Sorry I was thinking about stuff must have zoned out. But I would love to get Starbucks." I answer, excited, I love Starbucks.

Zak and I get up to leave until Zak whispers in my ear "look behind you". I turn around to find Brandon death glaring us or him probably both.

"Let's just go." I whisper back. We walk to the elevator and unfortunately the elevator is very slow.

Once the doors finally open, I come face to face with Mark.

"Hey babe." He smiles evilly. His facial hair has grown so he has a bit of a goatee. I ignore him and walk into the elevator followed by Zak.

"This your new man?" Mark glares at Zak looking him up and down.

"No he's my friend, I'm not with anyone."

"You could be." He smirks.

"Nah I'm good single life is better and I choose to be single."

"Oh by the way, here." I hand him the ring back

"Josie wait." Mark looks down like he's thinking.

"What?" I ask.

"I told my mother and she thinks your pregnant with my child, she invited you to a party this weekend for it."

"Well I'm surely not pregnant with your child so you can give it up already." The elevator door opens and I walk out.

"By the way man I'm gay so I'm more into you then her." Zak adds and sends him a wink. That moment is priceless, Mark looks shocked.