Paper Hearts ♡ JJK

"Jungkook?" you called to your boyfriend as you opened the door to your apartment. The only response you received was silence.

Where is he? He said he'd be waiting here for me, you thought to yourself.

"Whatever," you said to yourself. You assumed he was busy and would just show up after he was done rehearsing or whatever it is that he was doing.You decided to text him to let him know that you were home.

Sent to Jungkook: ik ur probably busy, but i'm home, so feel free to come join me whenever u finish 😘

After sending the text, you felt your stomach growl and decided to make yourself a sandwich. As you walked over to the kitchen, you began humming the song that was stuck in your head, Paper Hearts by Tori Kelly.

You smiled to yourself as you remembered the cover Jungkook did of that very song. It was so perfect for his voice, and now it seemed like that was the only version of the song you'd listen to.

You began to sing the song to yourself in your empty apartment. "Remember the way you made me feel, such young love but something in me knew that it was real..."

Your soft voice carried throughout your kitchen as you collected the ham, cheese, lettuce, and mayo from the fridge for your sandwich. You paused from laying down the cheese onto the bread as you closed your eyes to sing the chorus passionately.

As you finished the last lines of the song, you topped your sandwich with the final piece of bread. You went to take a bite, but you suddenly heard someone clapping loudly behind you, causing you to choke on your sandwich.

"JUNGKOOK!" you exclaimed after you struggled through the bite of sandwich.

"That was beautiful, Y/N," he grinned, still clapping for your performance.

"How long have you been standing there?!" you cry, trying to hide the blush forming on your cheeks. "Wait, how long have you even been in my apartment?!"

Jungkook laughed. "Well I got here before you did and I may have fallen asleep on your bed. When you texted me I woke up, but I didn't want to interrupt your song."

You tried to hide your smile as you slapped his arm playfully for hiding from you for so long. He grabbed your hand and pulled you to him, wrapping you in a big hug and kissing you on the lips.

"Your song was beautiful," he added after pulling away. "In fact, it was better than my version. I should bring you down to the recording studio."

"Yeah right," you laughed. "I think I'll stick to private kitchen concerts."

"Suit yourself. But someday we should sing a duet."

"Hmm," you hummed, "I'll have to think about that. After all, I am very expensive. I don't know if you could afford me."

Jungkook tried and failed to hide a smile. "You're right. Maybe someday."

"Maybe someday," you repeated before leaning in to give him another kiss, but you were interrupted by your stomach growling yet again.

"Oh yeah! My sandwich!"

♡ ♡ ♡

heLLo lovely laideez i have returned from my bigphat hiatus & i am vEry sorry for the wait. thank you all so much for continuing to read & vote & like, we greatly appreciate it. i have been working on something big for quite some time, but it may be a while until i am ready to publish it unfortunately. in the meantime, thank you all for your patience & i LOVE YOU ALL!!! ❤️❤️❤️

-ellie