Death of a Bachelor//RM

Lyrics: "I'm walking the long road watching the sky fall
the lace in your dress tingles my neck
how could I live"

It was not every day that you had to work later than normal, but that day just had to be on yours and Namjoon's one-year anniversary. You closed at five and rushed home to your boyfriend, who apparently had something planned.

   "Namjoon? I'm home!" you called, lightly closing the door behind you and leaning back onto it. You dropped your purse by your feet and sighed.

  What a day.

"Hey," he said, walking out of the kitchen to greet you. "Did you have to work late?"

"Yeah."

He had a suit—or half of one—on. He only wore his black pants and a shirt, but the shirt was halfway buttoned and slightly wrinkly. His tie draped over his shoulder.

"You're a mess," you said bluntly, to which he laughed and kissed your lips. "Give me that shirt. Someone clearly doesn't know how to use an iron."

Namjoon unbuttoned the white shirt and you snatched it from his hand, rushing to the laundry room.

After ironing his shirt for him, you made for your room, where you thought he would be. To your surprise, he was nowhere to be seen.

   But what caught your eye was a quite expensive looking dress. It wasn't frilly or girly, but it wasn't too formal or mature. It was plain black, but not as if you were going to a funeral. The lace around the waist complemented the style, and the tight fit gave it a sexy feel. The dress was so...Namjoon.

  "So, you found it," a voice said behind you.

  You swiftly turned around to face your boyfriend, who wasn't wearing a shirt. You looked from his bare, toned torso to the ironed shirt in your hand. Gaping at his nothing-less-than-perfect body, you handed Namjoon the button-up. He laughed and slid his arms into the sleeves.

  "Put on the dress. We're leaving in an hour," he said, before walking out of the room.

"Well, damn! After seeing that body, I'm not sure I wanna leave!" you called after him, who laughed and shouted back at you to get dressed.

You showered first, washing away the absolute horror of work. The customers were nothing short of lovely, but your employees didn't exactly provide customer service.

  After your shower that you were reluctant to leave, you slipped into your dress and tied your hair up in a towel.

  Namjoon was already dressed and ready to leave, so he watched you get ready, asking you what every product was and it's use (which became slightly annoying after the fifth product, but it was also adorable, so you couldn't be too bothered by it).

  Upon noticing you finally zip up your makeup pouch, he stood up and grabbed your hand, leading you out your front door and hailing a taxi.

  "Sorry there's no limo, but at least it's better than the train," he said, intertwining your fingers.

   You smiled, resting your head on his shoulder. "Anything is fine with me. The taxi would probably get us to our destination faster, since they don't give a shit about their passengers and drive hella fast. So while a limo would be, you know, more comfortable, we'd be driving agonizingly slow and I'm very impatient."

  "You are so attractive when you're being logical."

  "Wow," was all you could say as you stepped inside the dimly lit restaurant. You glanced around the room from the blood red tablecloths to the white candles to the waiters and waitresses in black and white pacing the floor.

  "This must be an expensive place to eat," you said to Namjoon, who chuckled.

  He held you around the waist, guiding you to the front desk. The small hostess behind the desk brought to your reserved table and left the two of you alone while she retrieved your drinks.

  "You actually made a reservation here," you said, blindly searching for his hand with your own whilst still observing the restaurant.

  "Of course, ___. It's our anniversary, so I guess I had to go big or go home," he shrugged, shyly looking up at you to meet your eyes.

"Aww Joonie you didn't have to," you said, rubbing the back of his hand with your thumb.

He laughed, covering his face with his free hand, "Please don't call me Joonie."

  He hated that nickname.

"Because I am my own person. And as my own person I find it adorable. Make sense?"

  "It makes tons of sense, and I love how intelligent you are, but you really need to stop calling me that," he spoke as the waitress arrived with your drinks.

  You ordered you food, which arrived quicker than you expected. You and Namjoon ate in a peaceful silence, sharing loving stares and a few playful winks that made you melt.

  "This was, quite possibly, the best night of my life," you said as Namjoon pulled you closer to his body.

  You both had crashed on your bed after dinner and curled up next to each other under the sheets. He used one hand to hold you around the waist as you snuggled up to his chest, and the other to hold up a book he was reading.

  "Well other than my high school graduation," you said. He looked down at you and raised an eyebrow. "My parents got me a car that day."

  He nodded and kissed your head. "It's safe to say that this was one of the best nights of my life as well."

  You giggled and nuzzled further into his chest, closing your eyes. "Happy anniversary, Joonie."

  "What am I gonna do with you?" he laughed. "Happy anniversary, ___."

So this is the dress if yall were wonderin

Thank you for reading!
Don't forget to vote.
Happy New Year. Let's make this one a better year.

!
-maia