Dedicated Chapter 19:

The awaited day, May 2

-HANJI-

"Hey, Mike! What's our number?"

"Fourth performer."

"Oh, okay. Then what about our outfits?"

"Nana got them shoved in your office."

"Nanaba is inside my office right now then?" He nodded.

It's almost 8 o'clock in the morning and I'm walking over to the gym with my coteachers for the opening ceremony. The school is not that crowded yet since the gates will only be completely open at 9:30. All around, there are students rushing in all directions carrying decorations, papers, costumes, and other things.

"Hanji, you're walking too fast! You might trip over!"

"Come on, Moblit. You're being overprotective. I won't let myself faint again, okay? And this time, I'm completely good and sober. Now let's hurry."

"Mike, are you not going to call Nanaba?" Asked Rico.

"She said she will follow later on." Mike replied.

And at last we reached the gym. Students are already seated; mostly from the Student Council and different clubs. There are also guests. I also see many teachers and student from other schools (which are mostly from private schools). But a certain group caught my eyes– the teachers and students from Marley Academy.

PCHS participated in a competition outside Paradis for the first time. We competed against Marley Academy and good thing, we actually won.

How I wish I could have participated in such competition during my high school days.

Looking further, me and my company walked further in front towards the seats for the teachers.

"The seating arrangement is by department. Rico and I will be going now." Said Ian.

"Okay. Talk again later after the opening ceremony." I waved at my friends and pushed Moblit and Nifa towards the seats for the Science Department.

We occupied the seats in the fifth row. And since there are still ten minutes, I gave some more reminders to Moblit and Nifa who will be in charge for most of the events prepared by our department.

Then finally, the lights were dimmed, signalling the start of the ceremony. A student walked towards the podium. Looking closer, I saw that it was Hitch Dreiss, a student from Year 10 Section 2.

"A pleasant day to each and everyone! The long wait is over and now let us all witness the opening ceremony of Paradis Central High School's first May Festival!" Everyone applauded.

The ceremony goes on. But what I'm actually waiting here is Erwin's speech. I sneaked into his office the other day just to look if he had some speech paper prepared in his table but unfortunately found none. Now that he's already walking to the podium, I suddenly pulled my phone out and started recording a video. Moblit beside me gave me a nudge. I turned to him and winked. He on the other hand rolled his eyes as if to say "whatever.". I turned back my attention to our dear principal.

"I would like to thank you all who came for this day. A celebration like this was my longtime dream ever since back when I was a student here in this very school. It took me a considerable length of time to achieve this; specially with the planning. I endured many rejections and obstacles concerning this celebration." Erwin spoke in low but solid voice.