Dedicated Chapter 8:

Still treating Hanji

-LEVI-

I'm almost finished, I just need to cover it up. Hanji seems to be uneasy.

"Are you really okay with this? I mean, cleaning my office will surely take time!" Hanji blurted out.

"I do not tolerate filth. It's fine." I said.

"Well then, uhm... Thank you in advance!"

"Okay." Now I'm done.

"What work does Erwin and Mike do here? Can you tell me?" I asked her.

"Erwin is the principal and Mike is like the officer-in-charge slash deputy whenever Erwin has too much work. Why?" She said.

"I just asked."

Erwin's a principal now from being the Student Council President. I should have expected that.

I put down the first aid kit and opened up Ashton's bag.

"Do you have extra handkerchief, Ashton?"

"No." He replied.

"Why are you asking Ashton for an extra handkerchief?" Hanji asked.

"He will need it to cover his nose and mouth." I replied.

"No need for that. I have face mask. I'll get some."

Hanji went over to one of her drawers and pulled out three face masks. She handed one to me but I refused. It is clean but I'm not really used with that kind of thing.

"What are you going to use then?" Hanji asked

"This." I pulled out a handkerchief from my pocket.

I put it over my face and tied it behind. I turned to Hanji to ask where can I get cleaning materials.

"From Hannes."

Hannes? I thought he's at the library?

"Isn't he working at the library?" I asked, my voice a bit muffled.

"Actually, we are both just part-timers there. But we also work here. Hannes serves as one of the caretakers." She explained.

"But he's currently at the library right?"

"Today is his half day there. But in case he's not in his office yet, I have a duplicate key."

---

We went to the said office but Hannes is not yet there. We used the duplicate key to open it. Unlike Hanji's office, this office is more decent. I'm holding Ashton's hand so he could not make a mess around.

"I'll just get the mop and feather duster." Hanjj said.

"Get some unused rags if there are some." I said.

We headed back to her office after getting what we need. First thing we did was ditching trash. I made Hanji sort out and fix her papers. As of now, we're already cleaning; as in dusting and wiping. Ashton is also helping by wiping Hanji's table.

"What are you doing Hanji? You're doing it wrong!" I scolded her.

"But I'm dusting off my bookshelf." She said.

"Yes but you should do it from top to bottom. Not from bottom to top." I explained.

She did as I said but here she goes again with another mistake.