Dedicated Chapter 18:

A few minutes earlier

-HANJI-

Where is that roll of black garbage bags?

I'm trying to recall the last time I saw it. I even looked around the kitchen just in case I misplaced it there.

Two days ago I discarded some trash from the back...

That's right! I put it on the top of my laundry!

Now I remember. I rushed to my laundry area and found the roll of garbage bags. It was on top of Levi's coat. I have to wash this later.

Grabbing the coat, I tried folding it but felt like there is something inside.

"What could this thing have?" I murmured as I rummage.

I found a wallet-sized picture. The picture looks old and is laminated. To prevent further damage, maybe.

I looked closely the persons in the photo.

Three kids, one girl and two boys. The girl is in the middle while the blonde boy is on the right side of the picture and a dark-haired boy is on the left. All the three of them are in ponytails.

Ooh, this is something.

I looked closer and noticed that the dark-haired boy could actually be Levi.

*approaching footsteps

I turned around and saw Levi.

"Oh, sorry to keep you waiting. Is this person really you?" I asked him.

There was a long stretch of silence.

"Why... y-you... Why are you holding that? And yes I am that kid, and so? Just hand it to me!"

*sudden cackling

"Not funny!"

I slammed the picture into his hand and continued laughing.

"You are the one who's out of place in the image, you know? The other boy and and girl look good in their ponytail. While you..."

"I know, I get it! Cut it now and let's just finish cleaning outside." He grabbed the roll of trash bags and headed out.

I picked up a dustpan and followed him.

"Hey, use this dustpan!"

---

*sweep *sweep

"These two are my friends." Levi said while holding up the laminated picture.

"How come that picture was inside your coat?"

"I feel like putting it there. That's it."

"Those two really look cute together. If your pouty self wasn't included, the picture would look better."

"Enough! Not funny."

"I wonder what do they look now. Who are they by the way?"

"The girl is Isabel Magnolia and the boy is Farlan Church. To be straight, the last time I saw them was six years ago. I am still looking for them. We've been playing hide and seek for a long time."