• • •

"Please don't tell Dad,"

Stunned in silence, Camila stared at her younger sister with her mouth open. It shouldn't be a surprise anymore but she was trying to process everything her little sister was telling her as if this was the first time it happened.

"You punched him in the nose, Sofi"

"He was being creepy! Please I beg you, don't tell Dad..." Her younger sister pleaded.

She sighed.

Her younger sister Sofi is one little troublemaker. The third grader was already feared by her classmates, and some slightly older kids and most definitely the younger ones too, for being notoriously snarky, sassy and really quick in throwing her fist towards someone's nose who pisses her off. But the girl feared only one person.

Their father.

"You know I won't do such a thing, Sofi. But you do realize that if Ethan reported you, the school headmaster will call dad, right?"

Camila won't say their dad was a terrifying man because he is, by all means and as far as she can remember, endearing and sweet. He is very thoughtful of the both of them and their mother.

But somehow her younger sister has this fear towards their father, so much that when he is around the younger girl turns into a completely different person. The notoriously sassy, snarky, temperamental and mischievous brat is being replaced by a demure, well-mannered, prim and proper little princess.

She just doesn't get it why her little sister is like that. Could it be the stoic look he has or the baritone of his voice, she can't tell why Sofi fear their dad in such a way that the younger girl changes her demeanor. Senator Alejandro Cabello may be fierce and a force to reckon with in the Senate, but within their household, he is a sweetheart, a doting father and a loving husband.

"I know that, but Ethan won't say a word, or anybody else for that matter. Trust me," Sofi smirked.

Camila shook her head and said nothing anymore. She just carried on walking her sister towards the school's exit. Word travels fast around them since the prep school she was attending is just next to the private grade school Sofi was going to. When the younger girl punched a boy in her class, the word about it reached Camila's ears in record time. She went right away to see her sister and hear from her what exactly she has done this time, or more like what the boy has done to be in the receiving end of a straight jab from her sister. And as per usual, she found out it was just another typical childish antics.

Despite being a little bit of a troublemaker, Camila still adores her sister. The younger girl means so much to her and she will do anything to keep her away from harm.

"Okay, Sofi, you go ahead now. Mom already knows I'm gonna stay late because of swim practice and I'm riding with Octavia on the way home. But as far as I know neither her or Dad knows what you just did, and I promise I won't tell..." the sisters hugged each other and Sofi mumbled her thanks and I love yous before she ran off.

"Don't put Bruno and Mark into any more trouble, okay! " Camila called after and heard her sister's boisterous chuckle.

"No promises big sis!" The younger girl called back and waved.

ELEMENTALSOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara