WATER

It was a disaster.

Her car broke down again and time is not on her side because she is behind schedule. She is always catching up to the last minute to make an attempt at stopping whatever shenanigans the evil hirelings are up to.

To top it all off, it was pouring heavy rain. She didn't bring an umbrella, or a set of rain coat for that matter, because she expected this trip to be done within the day and she'll be back in the safe house before dinner time.

But no.

Her car decided to mock her and the weather spit on her.

Great... This is just great...

Lena sprinted to the nearest bus stop and then made the necessary calls on her phone. Call a tow truck, a hotel reservation and an update to the safe house where the commander was visiting, checking if she made progress.

If you call being stuck in the rain a progress, yeah sure...

Lena finished making her calls and the rain is still pouring. But she hates to stay idle in this downpour in one open space. She needs to move.

With a deep exasperated sigh, she dashed out of the bus stop, not wasting any more time waiting on the next bus. She ran after tucking her phone deep inside her bra that's under her shirt that she wore under her black leather jacket.

She ran until she ran out of breath, stopping at another bus stop. But this time she is closer to her destination. She leaned her hands on her aching knees and tried to fill her lungs with much needed oxygen. The rain still hasn't stopped.

Man... I'm out of shape. I really am old... And I swear if this rain won't stop anytime soon, I'm gonna shoot blazing fireballs at those damn clouds...

Lena thought to herself. She was born a long time ago but the natural course of aging stopped for her the moment they failed their mission. She has failed her mission. And she won't be able to rest until the next elementals are ready to carry on the duty that has been resting on her shoulders. A duty that's been haunting her all these years.

She won't continue to grow old until the new generation of elementals are bound together by the one.

Taking a few moments to catch her breath, Lena sat on the bench and stretched out her legs. She contemplated how is she going to approach the girl without much ruse. She can see the gates of the prep school the girl is attending, and from where she sat, she can also see the shiny black Rolls Royce phantom waiting for the girl.

And knowing who the girl is, there is at least one armed, highly trained bodyguard inside that car. She will bet her top hat with sparkly green shamrock that she wore last year at Saint Patrick's Day that the driver is also a trained bodyguard.

The rain finally slowed into a gentle drizzle. She stood back up to her feet and briskly strolled towards the coffee shop right next to where the shiny expensive car was parked. She went inside and sat by the glass window. Right there at the stool where she sat, she had the perfect view of the prep school's gate, the school's open yard just behind it, and the Rolls Royce phantom limo.

Lena watched and waited.

Hoping that maybe for the first time that day, everything will eventually go as planned...