Shivers | WARNING

"So why aren't you? You're too calm for a victim." He taunted, tracing his ax through the fallen vines.

"I-I j-just w-want h-home." Her teeth clenched.

His silence was a beckon for her to continue. She knew the mess she was putting herself in if the otherwise (her identity) was revealed.

"W-what are you all going to do with me?" She asked, despite knowing her fate already - if she wasn't saved or let go miraculously.

Engard noticed her topic shift.

"Will I be let go?" She trembled.

"Not likely," Engard answered. She wasn't surprised. He was supposed to be soothing her with lies so she can spill the tea but even Engard was flabbergasted with his rectitude.

"Then why the hell am I talking to you?" Angelina spat feeling her cool diminish.

Angelina tended to lose her shit when she felt the most vulnerable - in times of sickness, food deprivation, and of course kidnapping.

His knuckle cracked. "The only man that can decide to spare you 'somehow' is Joseph – "

Angelina didn't let the man finish, she just cut him off again and again.

"T-then why the hell am I not speaking to him?!" She chronically shivered, trying to control herself.

"- He will decide to either kill you, use you, or the latter."

Angelina manically chuckled. "W-what's the latter?

He didn't need to inform her of what he meant by the latter, but she decided to push his buttons.

His dark eyes narrowed perilously. "The latter is for people like Shorty and John."

Angelina's attitude fitted her abhorrence. "O-oh, so you're not like them?" She sarcastically remarked.

Engard leered viciously. "You seem to love being disrespected, violated, and made an inferior." He began his deep voice cutting through the night sky.

"-Is. That. What. You. Want. Me. To. Do. To. You. Miss Rose." His hand neared the metal cage ready to crumble it with his buff nature. His military face and expression mortified her but she forced herself to burn her gaze into his even though hers wasn't even staring him down – just numb. She couldn't because it was too forceful. It was a whole different feeling than when Damien smoldered himself into her soul. It was because she knew that Damien needed her, after all, so she tempted his superiority because she wanted to be the alpha - and maybe craved it.

With Engard, it was rebuking because she didn't know the limit or how sorry she was going to be if he decided to let those vile men have her. Rape her. Torture her. He'd make sure they didn't kill her.

It was too late to apologize anyway.

Or to cry.

Or beg.

She didn't have it in her after everything she had been through - After Damien.

"You're options are limited, Rose...

You have a few hours before the wolves are out."

She didn't know what he meant by wolves - if it was possible.

But for sure, the wolves were everywhere.

And she was for sure he was one of them.

**

Something about this girl kept her wandering through his thoughts – that witch.

Engard didn't bother Joseph with intel regarding the girl. Joseph didn't give a shit and was going to decide what he was going to do with her tomorrow morning - if he remembered her.

He was going to decide if she was pretty enough.

Heck, she was beautiful, every curve where it was supposed to be – not gaunt or muscular like those imprisoned tribal girls they'd kidnapped.

Her attitude was irritating. Her sense of ownership surprised him coming from a female like her. Her disrespect was beyond words. It irked a feeling in Engard that wanted to put her in place – to burn that fire but he found himself pitying her on an amateur level.

Anyone that set foot on this island couldn't return unless special circumstance. She was probably going to have most rights taken away from her – the best she'd be is a janitor or a whore.

Perhaps the best thing he can do was tell Joseph he wanted her – he couldn't deny him of such request.

He'd discipline her and he'd probably not do anything to her – just something good he could do for someone after a long life of carnage and sin.

At least someone will thank him or remember him when he was dead.

*******

Comments?

Thoughts? 

Feelings?

Pace is picking up!

I know that it has been two chapters without any sign of Damien but he's coming up pretty soon. 

A break from constant Damien probably got y'alls nerves relaxing or it might be the latter. 

Next chapter is pretty daunting and its severity will be a concoction of the responses I'm getting from this chapter. 

If you want to connect, you can always DM through Instagram, because to be honest, I need new vibes. I follow back so don't shit yourself 😂💀.

@gr_acexx

8/23/2018