As I lay dying

Hand over heart, I'm praying

That I'm gonna make it out alive
~
Selena Gomez
🔆🔆🔆🔆

It's been two days since I've heard from Klaus, and I know he's broken his curse because the voices haven't been pestering me about it.

I also know that Elena didn't die because the voices didn't call out her name, so I need to tell Klaus when he decides to come back.

Katherine and I have been sitting here for almost an hour, now Katherine is pacing back and forward; I know she was expecting Klaus to die.

"You knew they were going to try to kill Klaus, didn't you?" She gulps nervously, and I laugh

"well, they didn't," I say mockingly, "so good luck with not getting killed." She gulps and looks at me fearfully

"oh, I'm not going to kill you; I told you I enjoy your company." She smiles at me

"it's been a while since I've had a friend," she says, looking at me seriously.

"that's because every time you get one, you betray them."
Just as she would say something, the door opened,

Stefan stuck his head in the door, looking at Katherine, who's now frowning at him.

"Hello, Katherine. Traitor."

"Yeah, that just makes me so proud of how far I've come in life," I say, smirking.

" two days I've been waiting. I'm supposed to be free of Klaus's compulsion by now. He's supposed to be dead."

Stefan looks away, frowning "we ran into complications."

"Complications?"Katherine asks

Stefan sighs, annoyed. "It doesn't really matter. I need to find him. Do you have any idea where he might be?"

Katherine speeds Stefan to the nearest wall "Shh. Klaus, you're back. look who decided to come for a visit." She says, grabbing Stefan by his jacket; the moment I make eye contact with Klaus, my heart speeds up, and it feels like it's just us in the room, but I snap out of it.

Ever since I admitted to Katherine and I have feelings for Klaus, it's been hard to even think about him; now that we're face to face, it's even harder.

"Come here, little love." I walked to him, and he kisses my forehead, and my heart skips a beat as I sigh contently.

Klaus then looks to Stefan "you just keep popping up, don't you?"