Chapter 16

SKYLAR

After an hour of talking to Aunt Stacey about everything that's been going on. She helps me calm down, and convinces me to stay.

"Thanks for listening," I smile.

"Of course cupcake," she returns the smile. "So girl to girl, who's a better kisser?" She asks.

"I am not answering that," I chuckle.

"Oh come on! Just tell me. This is a no judgement zone."

"Fine, Gabe!" I groan, and cover my face.

"Ha! I knew it," she giggles.

"What am I going to do?" I sigh.

"Let them fight over you," she laughs.

"I'm serious Stace. I love Ben I do, but I can't deny this intense attraction I have for Gabe. When Gabe kissed me I was so lost in him that I completely forgot everything and everyone."

"Damn, you got it bad."

"God, I'm such a terrible person," I put my hands over my face again.

"No you're not, you're just confused. Which is understandable. Maybe you and Ben should take a break and explore your options. Your only eighteen after all. Do you really want to be tied down already so young?"

"I thought I did. I thought I was one of the lucky ones who found their true love early. Now all I feel is . . . trapped."

All of the sudden Anna and Kelly burst through my bedroom door.

"Hola bitches we're back!" Kelly announces.

Anna takes a better look at my face and frowns. "What's wrong?" She asks.

"It's nothing, her and Ben just had a fight," Aunt Stacy explains.

"Again?" Kelly says.

"Are you okay?" Anna asks, and I just nod in response.

"You know what I have an idea. Why don't we go out to a club tonight, just us girls," Aunt Stacey suggest.

Anna and Kelly cheer with excitement. I nod and give them a fake smile. This is gonna suck.

Suddenly the door bell rings, and I walk over to open it since the rest of them are to preoccupied on what they're going to wear tonight to even notice. I open the door, and it's Ben again. He eyes are a little red which I assume he's been crying just as much as I have.

"Hi," he mumbles, looking down.

"I don't want to talk to you right now," I tell him.

"I know, I just wanted to tell you that I'm going to big bear with my dad for a couple of days to give you some space, so you can think about . . . us. If you still want there to be an us that is," he frowns, which my heart breaks even more.

He walks closer to me and kisses me on the cheek. "I love you Skylar, no matter what you decide," he backs away giving me a sad smile, and walks away. I shut the door feeling completely and utterly lost.

                                                                                       ~*~

The club is exactly how I expected it to be, loud. Strobe lights everywhere, the DJ playing upbeat music for everyone to dance too, people sweating and grinding on each other, some doing much more than that.

"I got us our own booth!" Aunt Stacey yells through the music.

We follow her through the crowd and make our way to out table. Of course we don't get carded, being that my Aunt pretty much knows everyone in this town. When we sit a bottle waitress takes our order.